EC+AM=4ever Chapter 12 Part 2

My cell phone buzzed and I glanced over at it, not wanting to talk to anyone. But when I saw that it was Kristy calling me, I picked up right away. "Hi, Kristy,"

"Hi, Evalynne." She sounded a bit tense.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm at Sadie's right now. Well..." she trailed off at the end. "Why don't you just come and meet me?"

"Ok," I replied, confused. We both hung up and I went downstairs. I slipped on a pair of flip flops and called out, "Mom, I'm going to Sadie's!" Then I walked out the door.

When I walked into Sadie's, I saw Kristy sitting at a table. I walked over to her, "Why'd you want me to meet you here?" I asked.

She bit her lip, "Look at the table in the back corner." she murmured as I sat down.

I looked over to find Julianne sitting at the table. And Ash was sitting across from her. She was twirling her hair and talking to him while he listened. And her hand was set on the table, with Ash's hand placed on top of it.

My eyes widened in shock. Then I turned back to face Kristy, luckily Ash hadn't noticed me. "Oh my gosh," I said to myself.

"I can't believe Ash is cheating on you." Kristy told me.

"He's not. I broke up with him earlier today." I replied.

"Why'd you do that?" she asked.

"Because I felt bad because we were dating behind his mom's back. He pretended to choose her so we could date while she was at work. But I saw the look on her face when she thought he'd chosen her. She was truly happy."

"So your guilt got the best of you?"

"Yeah, but I didn't think that Ash would move on so quickly. I thought he actually loved me." And then tears came to my eyes. "But I was obviously mistaken." Then I stood up and left the restaurant.

When I got home, I ran up to my room, locked the door, and cried. "Sweetie, are you ok?" Mom asked from outside my room.

"Just leave me alone!" I shouted.

"Evalynne, open up the door. We can talk about this. What happened?" she asked.

I stalked over to my door and yanked it open. "Ash has a new girlfriend. He never loved me and he never will, ok? There's nothing left to talk about!" Then I slammed the door shut.

I had never yelled at my mom like that before. And I felt bad, especially since this wasn't her fault, but I couldn't help it. I was so stupid for thinking that Ash really loved me. I should have known that he would end up with Julianne. She was popular, beautiful, a cheerleader. Her and Ash were meant to be.

My phone buzzed, it was Kristy. I picked up but didn't say anything.

"Evalynne, are you ok?" she asked me.

"No," I choked out in between sobs.

"Do you want me to come over?"

"No,"

"Well is there anything I can do to help?" she said with concern in her voice.

"No,"

"Can you say anything besides no?"

"Yes,"

She laughed softly and then sighed. "Well if you want to talk or anything, just call me. I'm still your best friend."

"Ok," I replied, feeling a tiny bit better since Kristy and I were still friends. "And Kristy, I'm sorry. You're a true friend, and Ash isn't. He never was. He told me loved me and I was stupid enough to believe him."

"Evalynne, don't beat yourself up over this." she told me.

"But it's my own fault! If I hadn't fallen for him, I wouldn't be sitting in my room, crying right now! He played me like a fool. And I fell for him."

"Well it's not your fault that Ash is a jerk. He's a player and he doesn't deserve you. Just forget about him." she said.

"I can't just forget, Kristy. I trusted him." I cried.

"I know that, but he's not even worth your time. So just forget him. And you shouldn't love him anymore either. If he can move on that easily, so can you."

"I don't love him, Kristy. I love who I thought he was." I told her. "A part of me still thinks that he loves me, that him and Julianne aren't together. But then reality takes over and I realize that he's gone."

"I'm sorry." she said. "But I'm your friend and I'm going to help you through this." she assured me.

"I know." Then I heard a laugh, Julianne's laugh. I looked over to find Ash's window open. Him and Julianne were walking into his room, talking. "Oh my gosh, he really hates me."

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"His window is open and him and Julianne just walked in." I replied.

"Then shut your window. Don't let him get to you." she told me.

"Too late," I glanced back out my window. They were paying absolutely no attention to me. "I have to go now." And without waiting for a reply, I hung up.

I stood up and approached my window. And as I began to shut it, Julianne called out to me. "Hi, Evalynne!" She smirked when she saw my tear-streaked face.

I looked at Ash and he met my gaze. His eyes were dark and unfamiliar. Not the happy, sparkly blue eyes I'd come to know so well. "Hi." I replied blankly.

"Ash and I are going out now. Sorry about you're break-up." she said without meaning it.

"It's ok. I just hope you two are happy together. You're meant for each other." Then I shut my window and pulled down my blinds.

When my window was open, I had spotted Ash's mom's car in the driveway. She allowed Julianne to come into her house. She allowed her to be with Ash. She thought that Ash and Julianne were right for each other.

But two wrongs don't make a right.

123456sara said...
Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:43 pm:
I hate this. Well, I mean, I love it. It's beautiful. But it's exactly what happened to me and I cried so hard just apron reading this and remembering the pain from seeing my ex and this complete brat together just hours after we broke up. Other than that, amazing!

bookworm1 said...
LOVE the plot twist. i feel so bad for her though. how could ash jsut move on like that after she tried so hard to do the right thing for him!!?!

LazyDaisyTheWriter said...
Aug. 29, 2011 at 6:22 am:
good job! just to let you know in the sentence "sorry about you're break-up," the you're is supposed to be "your."

HammiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
keep writing it, i need more:)

xXmusicluvr4lifeXx said...
awww helllllz no he didn't just go on a date with julianne!!! lol i reaaaally hate that chick

pinkypromise23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 11:45 am:
wow this makes me want to cry! ash cant really like julianne i think hes just pretending because he thinks itll help him get over evalynne faster, but i know from personal experience that it doesnt work! you are such an amazing writer and i hope you publish this because i will buy it and read it a million times!!!!!!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 6:09 pm :
lol thanx sooo much!!! :)

rhymertapperdreamer replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:05 am :
Me too!  Publish it!  I will read it! A lot! :)

DanceAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 24, 2010 at 3:33 pm:
This is actually good. I think the most important part of writing is writing things that the reader doesnt expect to happen, and I thought this would be a typical cinderella story, but this is really good and surprising. nice job. 

Phoenix611 said...
are you gonna write more?? i just read all 12 chapters this is AMAZING!! please write more i love this and i cant wait to see what happens next!!!!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:40 pm :
ok, so this isn't lettin me reply to ur comment below so i'm replyin to this one instead lol, u could try searchin for this in the searchbox or on my profile page, but if that doesn't work, i have this posted on a website called quizilla, i'm so glad u like it and thanks for reading :)

LiveLife2theMax said...

wow, seriously amazing. but im kinda angry.. i wanna find out what happens next :)

it was really brilliant though.

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
Apr. 11, 2010 at 11:35 am :
thanx soooo much! that really means alot! i'm glad u like it! :)

Phoenix611 replied...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 8:12 pm :
hey how come the rest of the chapters dont show up on your page? im dying to read the resto of this but i cant find the rest of it!!

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 8:48 am:
WOW! amazimg! and so real! no just a happilly ever after! good though.

astheworldturns said...
I can only get up to this part here on teenink. Do you think there's a reason for this?

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
Apr. 11, 2010 at 11:36 am :
i'm not sure why you can't find the rest of the chapters. i guess u could try typing ec+am=4ever into the search box, but if that doesn't work then the rest of this story is posted on a website called quizilla :)

astheworldturns replied...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 6:34 am :
Thank you so much, I found it. You're a really amazing writer!!

deardiary said...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 6:19 pm:
Wow, ur sooooo good!!!!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
Mar. 20, 2010 at 8:40 pm :
thank you so much! that means so much to me! :)