Summer Love...?

By , Laveen, AZ
It’s the same story as others. He’s rich, I’m poor. We’re not to be seen together. Not so easy as that really. I’m just there, always watching him, always staring. I wish I was the girl that was wrapped in his arms. But, I’m not and I know that I can never be. Everyone can wish, can daydream, can stay awake and hope, right? So that’s what I do. That’s all I can do. I see him staring at me sometimes. He knows that I’m watching. I see him look for me. Maybe one day he’ll find me and he’ll pull me into his arms. Maybe, maybe not…

I lay awake in the middle of the night, thinking…No, more like dreaming of what it would be like. Staring into the darkness, his eyes haunting me. Are they blue? Green? Hazel? Brown? I don’t know, but what I do know is that they are beautiful. They are kind, gentle, and full of unknowing love.
I feel the heat of the summer night. Beads of sweat run down my face mixing with my tears. I feel a bead trickle and tickle down my back. That bead pulls me out of my reverie and I try to bring it back. A cool feeling takes over my body and I imagine he is lying next to me, holding me.
Does he love me? Does he really even know that I exist? Does he know that I feel for him by just looking into his eyes? But these questions don’t matter. What really matters is do I love him? I look deep within my soul and search for the answer. What does that little voice say? It doesn’t whisper yes, instead it screams “YES!!!”
Yes, I do love him, or else why would I lay awake at night thinking about his eyes? Why do his eyes haunt me? His face? His beautiful lips that I long to touch with my fingers? With my own lips? Why would these things haunt me? Could it merely be lust? NO! It’s not! It is deeper than that. I long for him to hold me, so that I can feel secure in his arms. But I know that this cannot be. It is forbidden, but even so, I long for this forbidden love… I fall into a fitful, sweaty, sticky hot sleep. It’s all I have to get away from his haunting eyes and his beautiful godlike face.

Annabelle294 said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm:

This is beautiful, and very relatable.

.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 6:59 am:

This is really great, very vivid, I could completely understand the girl's thoughts.  Great job!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

old~records said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 7:09 pm:
this is good but i think the title should be 'forbidden love' instead of 'summer love...?'

RAVISHING This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 7:24 pm :
That was actually the original name, but changed it for a school project.

Jamie W. said...
May 28, 2010 at 3:51 pm:
this was a very beautiful poem i really enjoyed reading it!! keep up the good work.

ashkash95 said...
May 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm:
this was so beautiful...it really reminds me of my own emotions! very relatable

May 18, 2010 at 2:50 pm :
Thanks! I had to really dig into some dark emotions to do this one...

Basketball4everr said...
May 10, 2010 at 3:53 pm:
wow this is amazing i can relate so much omg it was amazing- i love it- :)

3sa Chuli said...
May 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm:
daaammm i like this poem because is interesting and it's sad but this poem make us think that real love really exist in life...i really love it cuz this can happen to some1 but i know that he 's going to talk 2 u nd its going to tell u how much he apreciate you and maybe he can even liked u 2 nd can ask u out

May 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm :
thanks for reading! Naw, I got over him. I'm looking at someone else. It's crazy how you can just have these strong emotions over someone. I'm really glad that you like it.

Kat2292 said...
May 5, 2010 at 10:05 pm:
I know how you're feeling... I began to really really like my best guy friend as more than a friend... I don't think he ever knew or liked me that way, and he'll probably never find out. Luckily I do have a love in my life for almost a year now, but the thought of my best guy friend still makes me think, "What if?" Great job capturing emotion in this story! Could you comment on my work please? :)

Mattie P. said...
beautiful fluency.  it really speaks to the heart

***Rain*** said...
I feel what you feeling. Im going through the exact same thing. Can you checkout siome of my work? I would love your opinion. :) 

dreamer_believer said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 6:05 pm:
love it :) it's sooo cute. i know i do the same thing when i like i guy i can never have. great job capturing all the emotions :) i love the description. great piece! would you mind checking out my piece "take my heart and break it?" id love your feedback on that. thanks and keep writing ;)

RAVISHING This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for reading it! I'm glad that you guys like it. Yeah, the guy was like in my life for a breif time, but hey, he made and impression. REally cute and I really liked him, it left a impression in my heart. That sounds so corny...

Tamara said...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:38 am:
this was a great stoy i fell inlove with a guy who i thought didnt exist and well he did i went for it and we have been togather for a month and a week ur story is great

JordanNicole said...
I totally agree with Chloe. I recently fell in love with my friend. He doesn't know it yet and probably never will. If I tell him he might break my heart....And yes, the harder I fall, the more pieces my heart breaks into..... :( Check out some of my work and post a comment.

Chloe S. said...
I know exactly how you feel. In a way, it is a good thing he never held you. I was in your position once, except the boy took me to prom and he held me through a slow dance. His eyes were brown. After that I fell too hard for him. Later that boy broke my heart. I'm still not sure if I'm over it yet. So trust me when I tell you that you're lucky you didn't get to close. It may not seem like it, but you are. The harder you fall, the more pieces your heart brakes into. </3

AmandaLee143 said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 9:53 am:
i liked this :)

EmmaXoxo<3 replied...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 9:10 am :
WOW. Great job,very descriptive!
Keep up the good work!
Write more! I'll be looking out for your writing!