Summer Love...?

By , Laveen, AZ
It’s the same story as others. He’s rich, I’m poor. We’re not to be seen together. Not so easy as that really. I’m just there, always watching him, always staring. I wish I was the girl that was wrapped in his arms. But, I’m not and I know that I can never be. Everyone can wish, can daydream, can stay awake and hope, right? So that’s what I do. That’s all I can do. I see him staring at me sometimes. He knows that I’m watching. I see him look for me. Maybe one day he’ll find me and he’ll pull me into his arms. Maybe, maybe not…

I lay awake in the middle of the night, thinking…No, more like dreaming of what it would be like. Staring into the darkness, his eyes haunting me. Are they blue? Green? Hazel? Brown? I don’t know, but what I do know is that they are beautiful. They are kind, gentle, and full of unknowing love.
I feel the heat of the summer night. Beads of sweat run down my face mixing with my tears. I feel a bead trickle and tickle down my back. That bead pulls me out of my reverie and I try to bring it back. A cool feeling takes over my body and I imagine he is lying next to me, holding me.
Does he love me? Does he really even know that I exist? Does he know that I feel for him by just looking into his eyes? But these questions don’t matter. What really matters is do I love him? I look deep within my soul and search for the answer. What does that little voice say? It doesn’t whisper yes, instead it screams “YES!!!”
Yes, I do love him, or else why would I lay awake at night thinking about his eyes? Why do his eyes haunt me? His face? His beautiful lips that I long to touch with my fingers? With my own lips? Why would these things haunt me? Could it merely be lust? NO! It’s not! It is deeper than that. I long for him to hold me, so that I can feel secure in his arms. But I know that this cannot be. It is forbidden, but even so, I long for this forbidden love… I fall into a fitful, sweaty, sticky hot sleep. It’s all I have to get away from his haunting eyes and his beautiful godlike face.

Lookaflower This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:52 pm:
This is so perfect!!! It has just the right touch of drama, detail, and bittersweet honesty. I really liked the part about him looking for you and possibly loving you back.. so relatable. : )

Perfect_Darkness1398 said...
Mar. 22, 2012 at 10:43 am:
I think everyone has had something like this happen before, but you brought a new light to it, good job!

DakodaDawn16 said...
Nov. 11, 2011 at 7:53 am:
This is so detailed, it brought me into the story. it's truly amazing, and totally relatable.

This_Chick_2010 said...
Hahaha! Isn't everything that happens during teenage years, dramatic? Everything seems like it's the end of the world! Hahaha!

Odessa_Sterling00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I find it a little tooo dramatic.

A.M.Blackwood replied...
Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:39 pm :
I used to think the exact same thing until it happened to me.

Apeggy said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 11:05 am:
This sounds just like reality. Very nice:)

NKsunshine said...
This is truley relatable!!!! This made me feel not so alone...thanks for putting this up!! This literally made my day<3

LunaIsNotHere said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 11:29 pm:
I CAN TOTALLY RELATE!!! I LOVED THIS! THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING:))) <3

pri-pri said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:02 pm:
awww this was very nice! i liked it

alienag said...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm:
what a sweet story but ur first sentnce is awkward. i think it shud go something like, 'its the same story since shakespeare' (romeo & juliet) or something like that.

3moBunnieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 4, 2010 at 11:09 am:
i really loved reading this you shuld deffinatly keep writing :)

t-time24 replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 10:36 pm :
i agree :) ur amazing!!

Ninz59 said...

It shows how deep the feelings go as you talk about loving him. Great Job!

Check my work out please

believeinmexoxo said...
This is flawless. It shows how your feeling in a deep, compelling way and are just longing to be with the one you love. You, my friend, have an astonishing way with words!

JohnnyDeppLover123 said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:01 pm:
oh my gosh...a tear rolled down my eye because thats exactly how i felt last night... =(

addicted1997 said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 5:40 pm:
This is just amazing! I know how hard it is to love and not be loved back! It breaks you and you have to pick up the pieces every day! Wonderful work!

Staceyyy (: replied...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:59 am :
Been Loved Back By The Person Your In Love With Is So Hard.

Laveina-Annelle said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 5:32 pm:
i think this is absolutely amazing! i know how you felt : ) ive been there a time or two. thanks i enjoyed reading it.

Carolyn Jo S. said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 3:19 pm:
This is amazing. I know how you feel