The Lof My Life | Teen Ink

The Lof My Life

September 23, 2009
By Sara Belt BRONZE, Manassas, Virginia
Sara Belt BRONZE, Manassas, Virginia
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I woke up to a very gloomy morning as the rain falls gently on the window sill. I roll over to my left and see the wonder tender giant that I fell asleep with the night before. I watch him sleep as his right eye twitches every five seconds and how his chest moved up and down with every breath he takes. After about ten minutes I finally drag myself out of bed to start my day wishing every moment after that about getting back underneath the covers and melt in the warmth of the bed. I knew I had to get going but I couldn’t resist.
I plop back into the bed and as I do my gentle giant awakes. As I look at him his blue eyes had melt my heart like it was the first time that we had met.
“How are you beautiful?” Will asked.
“I’m doing amazing as long as you’re by my side for the rest of my life.”
I look at the stunning ring on my finger and thinking this really didn’t happen and last night so didn’t happen. Then I look at Will again and think one more time and say it so did. As I thought about the night before an enormous smile came across my face.

“What you smiling at babe?” he asked while he clasps my hand in mine.

“Just at the amazing night I had with you and thinking about the future nights that I’m going to have with you.” I say.

“I hope they are good ones Sara because I want to experience what I did as much as you allow me to. I’m still trying to wrap my mind on how two souls can melt into one as it did last night. We both have a part of each other for the rest of our long and joyful lives together and nothing can change that.” His voice deepened as he continued.

“You see that ring on your finger?”
I look at it once more.

“Yes I do what about it?” I ask.

“That ring means nothing you have something else that means to me more than that and I am not talking about what people call “the other side of paradise” as people have told me all my life. I was talking about my heart.”

“I know that hun and you have my whole heart and you’re the only man that has ever been able to pull that off. You are my first and only love. You have my heart it all comes down to you weather you keep it or break it.” I say.

“I also know that babe. I going to make you this promise here and now that I will try my very best to keep you and your heart as close as possible to mine just in case you are so emotional one day when you think that you don’t matter or that no one cares you will always know that one person does and that person is me Sara. I will always be here if you need a blanket on a cold night or a shoulder to cry on when you just feel that everything in your life is falling even though it really isn’t. You are everything to me and I will do anything in my power never to lose you.” He says with a soft sigh.

“I would do the same for you just keep that in mind.” I say with a soft whisper.
With all that said we both look in each other’s eyes and listen to the rain fall slowly on the window sill.


The author's comments:
I came up with this because my creative writing teacher told us to write something bad and it didn't turn out that way. I thank my boyfriend for this piece.