Visions of a Dead Girl

Everyone has a story, mine just seems to be more depressing than most, and it’s far away from starting with “Once Upon A Time”. Though, it does start a little like this.

His name was Cady, yes, strange name for a boy, but It was the last thing that mattered to me. We met through his older sister, and became instant friends, though these instant friendships usually turn out to be more than just friendships. He was the strong silent type, usually sitting in the background or just randomly cracking weird jokes when Jenna and I were bored or upset. We never really talked at first, until a week before our school’s homecoming dance. It was a big thing, and nobody could wait for it. There would be dancing, dresses, and dates, three things I actually hated. In all of my high school, and middle school, careers, I had never had a date to a school dance, until Cady. Jenna had gone down town to finally pick up our food, and Cady just sat next to me like he always did. We sat in silence for a long time, listening to the opening music of our DVD over and over again while we waited for Jenna. That’s when he just blurted it out. “Will you go to homecoming with me?” I, of course, was in complete shock. All I could do was nod, and the next thing I know, I was falling asleep in his arms as we awaited Jenna’s arrival back.

The months after were just as good, Cady and I were going strong, even though we weren’t officially going at all. He had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and he wanted to make sure he was ready for another one before we became serious at all. I didn’t mind, I was glad he was taking the time to think about it, instead of just jumping into things and breaking my heart afterwards. Of course, when you’re in a relationship like that, things can get rocky. I befriended the new girl in school, because no one else would, and she repaid me by asking him out, and to prom, even though that was miles away. I was distraught, heartbroken, and morally crushed. I couldn’t talk for days, I felt horrible ignoring calls and IM’s, but I just couldn’t deal with the world. I should have been careful though, because just as my doctor predicted, my treatment failed, and I wound up back in the hospital before I could tell anyone what was wrong with me.

I had been diagnosed with Leukemia when I was nine, and they had kept it at bay until then. Everything that had happened just sparked it back up, and they had to take me in for private care. Still, no one knew what was wrong, why I was frequently away from school, except for the nurse at my school. She was the only person I could think of calling. “I need you to stop by the hospital, room 114, I have something you need to deliver for me.” She came as she was called, taking the folded up letter back to the school with her. Cady was probably shocked when he read it, scared, and confused. He probably wondered why I told him not to tell anyone.

Cady,
I’m writing to you because you deserve to know what’s wrong with me. I have Leukemia, and it’s getting worse. I’m sorry for ruining what we had.

I love you.

The following morning I saw the article in the paper. Seventeen year old Cady Hampson was found in his attic hanging from an old rope coil. It broke me, completely and utterly. I refused to take treatments any more, I told them if God was going to let me die, then I’d die freely, so I could be with Cady again.

That night I saw him, and he kissed me for the first time.

Kaitlyn S. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Okay, so this made me cry! I loved how it was written! Please write more! I absolutely LOVED it!

Char_Baby! replied...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 7:21 am :
Thank you for your comment on my story! You were my first comment ever. lol. If you liked this, there are a couple others that i've written that you might like. Just check on my profile to see what I have!

maddiemo replied...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 3:38 pm :
oh my gosh this made me cry too! awesome job writing this! i loved it! :)

christy replied...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 4:26 pm :
i know someone named maddie mo!

VampireChick719 replied...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 8:40 pm :
omg that is the best thing i have read for the longest time!! it was amazing you are an amazing writer... um wow its such a sad yet happy ending like its sad cause they both died but its amzing and happy cause like they got to be together its the best story in the whole world you need to write like alot alot more!! :)

Char_Baby! replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:25 am :
I do have more. Just none like this. I have to say that this might be the best I've written in a while. And thank you!