The Fence Of Love [Part1] | Teen Ink

The Fence Of Love [Part1]

September 7, 2009
By Anonymous

The Fence Of Love



You don't know me. To be quite honest, nobody really knows who I really am. Today is going to start like any other day. I'm going to hit the 'snooze' button on my alarm clock. Turn up to class late. Sit on my own at lunch and wish I never bothered getting up in the first place.

You see, I'm known as an 'unusual' teenage boy. I would much rather stick my nose into a good classic than show off my 'beckham-style' moves to my peers. I would rather like to help my poor mum out with the children at her very overcrowded, noisy home nursery than sit more than two minutes in any mechanical course available course at school. I tend to wear weathered clothes passed down by older cousins rather than the latest 'G-star Raw' hoodie or the newest pair of 'Timberland' boots . The only friends I have are those over the age of 60 and there is more chance of the world coming to an end than me ever getting a girl to fancy me, never mind them going out with me. This is why I could not believe what happened to me on yet what seemed to just be another tipical school day.

I arrived in class late as normal but received a feeling that was far from normal. She was a new student in our class. She looked at me with her deep blue eyes and flashed me a smile that was more perfect than words. Her face was flattered by long, wavy blonde hair which swayed about in a classy sense. Her name was 'Charlotte'. She was American. I was in love. However there was one problem. She was a fencer and happened to be good at every other sport you could imagine. She was so good at fencing that she was in the advanced class of it for physcial education. The advanced class was only available for those in their last year at school, but Charlotte got accepted into the course due to her being better at fencing than any of the six form! She wasn't only good at sports, she was good at everything at school. This is why I was shocked to find her sitting next to me in the canteen to ask about out English Literature homework.

"Hey! What Shakespeare play are you writing an essay on? I can't choose! They all seem sooo hard to put into context. " she said with an excited, refreshing tone. I wanted to answer, I really did. However, nothing resembling a voice came out of my mouth. I put my head down in embarrasment to hide the fact my cheeks had resembled two giant tomatoes. When I looked up again, she was gone like a beautiful dream. This was definetly going into my blog I thought to myself. A GIRL LOOKED AT ME AND TALKED TO ME!!

****

I started at my new school today. It's much better than my old one. I couldn't believe it when I got into the advanced class of fencing! My old school did not even have a gym, we just did track outside in all weather conditions. Anyway, I met a boy today. He seemed to have a great passion for English Literature in our class. I love a boy with passion! I tried talking to him by asking him about the homework ( yeah I know, what was I thinking?). Unfortunately, He acted like he hadn't heard me! I felt stupid talking to myself and walked away promptly. I just didn't know what to do!

I met another boy in fencing class that afternoon, too. He looked like Jesse McCartney. So cute! He seemed really interested in me. I'm going out with him this weekend on a date. It should be fun! But to be honest, deep down I wish that other boy in my English Literature class asked me out. He may not be adorable like the Jesse look-a-like, but I love his personality and he's very caring and brainy too. 'Jesse' isn't quite like that boy in the sense he is over confident and can be quite harsh to other fencers when they mess up. I hope that boy doesn't see me with 'Jesse', then I'll never get to know him.


****

I arrived in class on time today for once! I did so as I could not get Charlotte out of my head. I dreamt last night that she visited my mum's nursery when I was helping her and she kissed me because she thought I was sensitive or something? If only that came true! I signed up for beginners fencing which just happens to be in session the same time as advanced fencing practice. My plan is to 'woo' Charlotte with my ....'talent' and hopefully she will fall in love with me. Fingers crossed my plan will work and I will be a natural at fencing!

****

I feel like my shoulders weigh a tonne. That boy saw me with 'Jesse' today. How was I to know he would be interested in fencing, too? I don't know what i'm going to do! He probably thinks I have no interest in him and in fact, I feel like I'm completely in love with him! I know I haven't even had a conversation with him yet, but I can't get him out of my head! Arrgghhh! I've got myself into a great mess! 'Jesse' saw me look at that boy and kissed me softly on the lips. I never thought somebody like 'Jesse' would be jealous of somebody! I feel guilty as the kiss felt kind of nice. Grrrr! I'm so confused!

****

I'm moving on. That Charlotte couldn't of been that good if she fancies Jason, the nastiest 6th former in my school. But why can't I get her out of my mind? I tried pretending I fancied Ellie, a girl who supports dodgy glasses who is in my mathematics class. She did once compliment me on my intelligence when we were paired together. Well at least I think she did . . . maybe I could learn to love her? No! I'm not giving up Charlotte! I'll get her back. I have a plan, just watch this space . . .

To be continued!


The author's comments:
I was inspired by a dream I had about fencing.

I will continue this story in more depth if people enjoy it. It is my first story on here after all!