First Kiss

By , Boston, MA
“Come closer” he says. I walk across the front porch moving lingeringly threw the summer night air. I stop to breathe it in. It fills me with an energy that crackles through my body jump-starting my heart. It beats loudly. I feel it in me as it throws itself against my chest. I feel its swelling pulse in my wrists and fingertips. I feel it in the bottom of my stomach.
I lean against the railing facing him but I can’t look at him.
“Closer.” His voice is deep and hoarse. I feel him scrutinizing me. He slides two fingers into a belt loop on either side of my hips and pulls me to him. I laugh and finally look up. He was smiling broadly down at me. He continues staring. Not wanting to be the first to look away but finding the tension unbearable i cannot help but to look down yet again. He unclasps a hand from behind my waist and lifts it to my face. As he did so it shook.

“I guess I’m more nervous than I thought I’d be” he says in that same low voice. He tilts my face towards his. His stare remains unbroken but the smile has vanished and a new intensity has overwhelmed his face. Then slowly, he kisses me.

tgir85 said...
OMG!!!! its awesome!!!!! great !!!! your very descriptive!!!! I LOVE IT!!! write more!!:D

TheDreamer replied...
May 10, 2010 at 9:53 am :
doubled over!

Chelsea M. said...
Awesome. You pretty much just described a first kiss in just a couple paragraphs!!! I loved it! :)

jess:) said...
wooooooow!!!! this was sooo good :) seriously write more!!!!!

Katie_Potatie said...
This is amazing. Wow. I loved it so much.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my gosh! You just made me squeel like a stereo-typed teenage girl! I loved this! Its amazing! Short and sweet but you told me so much with those few paragraphs. This is an absolute work of art. Please tell me when you start publishing because that is one book I would NOT want to miss! You are so talented! Keep writing.
God bless,
...,

BookLOver808 said...
Sept. 24, 2009 at 10:22 am:
It's sweet and it made me smile..

prettylittleprincess said...
Sept. 24, 2009 at 10:05 am:
This is how i want my first kiss to be!

flare556 replied...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 7:08 pm :
Ditto! XDD

AmnyR said...
i like how short it is... short but sweet, kinda like the perfect kiss ;)

knappk said...
This was a very well written story, but it is a tad bit too short, but i liked it a lot, good job.

Kendall S. said...
OMG!! That was so sweet!