First Kiss

By , Boston, MA
“Come closer” he says. I walk across the front porch moving lingeringly threw the summer night air. I stop to breathe it in. It fills me with an energy that crackles through my body jump-starting my heart. It beats loudly. I feel it in me as it throws itself against my chest. I feel its swelling pulse in my wrists and fingertips. I feel it in the bottom of my stomach.
I lean against the railing facing him but I can’t look at him.
“Closer.” His voice is deep and hoarse. I feel him scrutinizing me. He slides two fingers into a belt loop on either side of my hips and pulls me to him. I laugh and finally look up. He was smiling broadly down at me. He continues staring. Not wanting to be the first to look away but finding the tension unbearable i cannot help but to look down yet again. He unclasps a hand from behind my waist and lifts it to my face. As he did so it shook.

“I guess I’m more nervous than I thought I’d be” he says in that same low voice. He tilts my face towards his. His stare remains unbroken but the smile has vanished and a new intensity has overwhelmed his face. Then slowly, he kisses me.

StarryRossThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 22, 2012 at 1:41 am:
moving lingeringly threw? Good, but that first part just throws off the cadence; proofread.

. replied...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:14 pm :
That's really good, but I wish it was longer

Mariah_0.0This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 9:35 am:
very good and romantic!

OwlEyes6 said...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 4:44 pm:
Wow! That was awesome!!!!! I loved it keep writing!!!!!

Goddess said...
truly amazing! 5 stars.

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I loved it! It was really good for a short article. Please write more! I would love to read more of your writings! :) By the way, i haven't had my first kiss yet either........ :p

NKsunshine said...
Deep, I love this(:

ladybug94 said...
I thought this was really good!(:

pageturner said...
Nice story, although it feels like it should be longer. Is it me or does it seem like almost everybody but me has had a first kiss?

billgamesh11 replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:30 pm :
I love this!!! It is so sweet!!! And don't worry pageturner, you will get your first kiss eventually!!!:):):);)

tonite replied...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 1:02 pm :

i did not get my first kiss yet

pageturner replied...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 2:42 pm :

Love the picture. cute shoes

tonite replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 3:04 am :
thank you :)

nina.w replied...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm :
haha i felt that way but i just had my first kiss and can say its worth waiting for!

HungerGames_luverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:54 am:
Love it! Makes me miss my ex.

beautifulmudblood said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 6:23 pm:

I really, really loved it. It was just... perfect. Gorgeous and simple in a burst of awkward love. 

It was absolutely fantastic. 

prettylittlewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:26 pm:
This story is great. I love how the characters are very intense. Short and sweet..

Kat4ever333 replied...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:45 pm :
I second that !!!! ;)

Unexpected_Beauty said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm:

Myfirst kiss went a little like this.... He told me to lay dwn on the bench,my head in his lap... Then he  told me to close my eyes I did as he said and I felt his lips on mine -Zacc I love you :D

russianreader said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 3:42 pm:
Geez! It's so accurate to what it's really like! :) I LOVE IT!