EC+AM=4ever Chapter 4, Part 2

Ash and I sat next to each other on one side of the table, my parents sat next to each other on the other side, and Ms. Mongolia sat at the head of the table, between me and my mom.

"So Lori, where did you say you moved from?" Mom asked.

"Miami, Florida," she replied. She was staring down at her food, sticking her fork into it and cutting it down the middle with her knife almost mechanically.

"Oh, I love Florida! I just love how sunny it is!" Mom oozed.

"Yes, it's nice." she said.

I saw Ash roll his eyes when his mom wasn't looking.

"So why did you move to New York?" Dad asked.

"I got a job offering here and I decided to take it." She took a sip of her iced tea and dabbed her mouth with her napkin. She was so precise about everything she did. It was kind of freaky.

"Oh, that's great! So did you get promoted or something?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I got promoted."

"Well where do you work?" asked Dad.

"I work for Staples."

"Oh, that's a pretty big company! I work at a law firm in northern Westchester. I like it, but I can get stuck in the office for quite some time." he replied.

"Oh, that's nice." It was silent for a moment.

"This lasagna is great, Mrs. Carter. You're an amazing cook." Ash complimented. I loved how sweet and polite he was.

"Thank you, Ash," Mom's face lit up and she grinned to herself.

After dinner was over, we all said goodbye, except for Ms. Mongolia who just stood there quietly, giving my parents a subtle wave as she went out the door.

Mom shut the door behind them and then looked over at me. "You were right, she really is rude! Here I am, trying to be friendly and she barely even says a word to me!"

"I told you so!" I replied.

"Wow, how could someone so up-tight be the mother of someone so laid back and sweet. I really like Ash; he's very nice."

"I know, right? He's so polite!"

"Yeah, I'm guessing he doesn't get it from his mom." she said.

"Really though, what was that woman's problem?" Dad asked.

"I don't know, but Ash told me she wasn't very social. He said that she always kept to herself and never talked to any of the neighbors. She's even trying to get Ash to be the same way as she is!" I cried.

"That's horrible! No parent should want their own child to be quiet and lonely!" Dad said.

"Well obviously, she does." I added. "I'm gonna head upstairs to go to bed, good night."

"Good night, sweetie." Mom called after me as I walked up the stairs.

When I got up there, I shut my door, grabbed Twilight, and waited for Ash's ligt to flicker. Because when it did, Ash and I would finally get to be alone.

hushedlove said...
i read your whole story. it made me cry when... nvm i dont wanna ruin it for some people... but still i cant believe it i love the ending and i hope it gets published into a book some day because i would buy it! i would be one of your biggest fans lol!

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
wow thanks so  much! that would be amazing if this was ever published into a book! that's like my dream! thanks so much! :)

hushedlove replied...
u r welcome if u want could ya read some of my stuff on quizilla thats the only website my stuff is acuallaly on because this one is takiing weeks... thankz

TeamJacobArchuleta replied...
yeah of course is ur username the same on quizilla as it is on here?

hushedlove replied...
yes it is.

Kelz1141 said...
Loved it, I think you have an excellent way of laying out the plot.

Michelle G. said...
this time i don't agree with anjo i love this one can't wait for the next part

Anjo! said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 1:46 am
Dude. Good, but i think when they talk about his mom its being a little too over dramatic. too many exclamation points and stuff like that. it should be toned down a bit.

Kc~to~thy~night~I~shall~belong replied...
I was thinking the same thing. It's good and all, but a little too cheesy or played out

Fredwardness said...
so cute, she seem so real so does he good job!!

KiraKira said...
My goodness, where do you get this amazing story telling? I love this story!!!:D

Mahathi said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 8:33 am
I m reading all the chapters that are available here today!! your story is amazing! :) great work! :D!

Lexi L. said...
Thanks so much! I just uploaded a couple more chapters a couple days ago, but they're still pending approval.

choirchic said...
i loved the chapters. can't wait for more. all of them were amazing

~blueroses~ said...
I've been reading your chapters, & i love them all. Im completely captivated.:)
your amazing and i cant wait for more.
:)-skye

Lexi L. replied...
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me! And I'm about to post a couple more chapters right now too. I just wish it didn't take a week until they got published.

~blueroses~ replied...
Oh i know... I've put my first two works in for publishing and it feels like it's been forever!! i keep waiting and waiting... haha! cant wait to read the next chapters!
whats your inspiration??

Lexi L. replied...
Uh...I'm not exactly sure if I even really had any inspiration for this story. Lol! It just kind of came to me.

Annabelle7614 replied...
Idk why, but I have a feeling hes a vampire. This is the BEST work I have ever seen on Teenink, EVER! My life is going to stink until you write more!!!