Trust | Teen Ink

Trust

September 1, 2009
By bittybabe92 SILVER, St.louis, Missouri
bittybabe92 SILVER, St.louis, Missouri
7 articles 0 photos 5 comments

I am blind, but I do well with my senses. I’m the only person that is blind in a room full of people. I approach a man that is scented with usher cologne and has touched my hand with a hand shake so strong it could weaken any women’s knees. His voice is deep and sounds like the man of my dreams. He asked me “what do I see when I look at him?” I said, “I am blind,” “But your eyes are so beautiful”, he said. I said “I can’t see beautiful things I can only imagine.” The man told me he has never been with some one blind, but I have such a special attraction to you. I replied “I can’t even see you, but from your touch, tone, and scent, you seem as if you are meant for me. The man fell in love with me and I did as well, we were married two years later. He gave me his eyes and I gave him mine he told me “I want you to see what I see which is your beautifulness and everything else you have not seen. I said “As long as I got you to guide me my love, and for you to lead me in the right direction I would be blind and not mind, and if you were to ever leave me I’d rather be blind then watch you walk away.

The author's comments:
I've never written a piece about being a blind person before but thanks to my great taecher and my own imagination it came out to be a wonderful piece