Apartment Girl

My date walked me up my apartment stairs. He was saying something about a great night, I don’t know. I was tuning him out, thinking about a nice warm bath with lilac-smelling bubbles. It was rude to do that, trust me I know. But he was boring.
“So I really enjoyed your company. And I had a great night. I thought the movie was good. And the food tasted really good.” Blah, blah, blah. I tried not to roll my eyes. Every guy has said the same thing.
“Oh yeah, me too. You are so funny!” I smiled and touched his arm, trying to be nice but this guy was a pain. Sure he could make me laugh but that’s not exactly hard to do. A lamp can make me laugh. The smile didn’t reach my eyes, I could feel it. He takes my hand. It was sweaty and gross. I sound like a total brat. Gosh, someone should seriously slap me. I mean the guys nice but if I stopped liking him in the middle of the date that’s bad, right? A second date wouldn’t go very well. We stop at the top of the stairs and he leans forward, waiting for a kiss. I give him a quick peck, say bye, and walk into my apartment building.
“Another date, Ms. Kristabel?” The front desk guy asks me. He always sees me with different men. I’m not a slut, though. Just a girl looking for love.
“Yes, but this one didn’t go well either. Personally, I don’t think there’s a guy out there for me. I’ve dated almost every freakin’ fish in the sea.” I sigh and push the button for the elevator. This apartment strikes me as interesting. Their front entrance looks so grand, I mean the floors actually look like real marble and the maroon walls and fancy couches add zest to the place. They have three floors that go up, and three floors that go down. I just think that’s so cool.
“Well, Ms. Kristabel there’s always someone out there. Just don’t give up.” I look back at him and pray with my eyes that he is right. He just smiles and nods his head at me, while the doors slide open. I walk in and press 2D so I can go two floors down away from the guy that I almost fell for. The memory pops into my head. When I first moved here, he was working there. The desk guy was stunningly handsome. Sharp cheek bones, a prominent jaw, black wavy hair, and these brown eyes that melted you when you looked into them, no matter how cold your heart was.
I was holding a box full of my crap when he caught my gaze, and perhaps my feet because the next thing I know I went skidding onto the floor and my crap fell out. His deep chuckle came from beside me as he started picking up the clothes. Bras, panties, you name it, it was on that floor. I get off the elevator and amble over to my door, number 52.

Friggin_Daisy said...
Oh my gosh! :D That was soooo good up until I got to the bottom. Then my face went from.... :)..... to.... :( i want MORE! (:

cameronG. said...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 10:25 am
yeah add more it was great. i really liked it but try longer next time

ShankssYuLater said...
I was so cought up, then it ended. Please add more! the begining was great ! =]

Sportygirl4248This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 2:22 am
This is so kayooot(: I agree with about everyone else who commented...write more! U r very talented.

D_Beauty said...
I loved this. It was interesting. You should make a part 2. You have to. I insist! Lol

Tay_03 said...
I really like this!! :)

fraly01 said...
This is very good.... you should add more.

Hailey.G. said...
i like it i just think it ended way too soon....you kinda cut it off quick...other than that great writing!!!!

Stacee O. said...
Awsomely done..should add more

Emilia901 said...
Please tell me there's a part two!? This was super interesting! =^_^=

yetunknown said...
i iuv it!!!!! write more!!!i just can't wait to read more!!! :)

Waiting_For_Love said...
hey i love the way you write! i love writing romance stories myself and was wonedring if you could give me some feedback on my story Music, Love and Violins or anything else :)

EmmyRT said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 12:04 am
WAIT, there should be more! Where is the rest?!?!

BriBear replied...
yes yes yes yes where where where where

olican16 said...
wow o wow!! i love this! its sooo good i mite say this alot but this is one of the best ive read on the site!! keep writing! check out my stuff?

bigdreamsbigheart said...
Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:50 am

I love this! And I agree it needs more. I think if it ended fabulously than this will be a great story. Very very talented.

Check my stories out please

awriterslife replied...
ditto to all of this :)

Gigi- said...

i really enjoyed it but i do think it ended a bit to abrubtly.

Apollo26 said...
It ends really abrubtly, and is very subtle. I feel like it could hav been a lot better with some more editing, and some focus.

Aelita said...
Good job, though I would've liked it better if you'd said "a box full of my stuff." Using the other word made it sound like your character was carrting something rather unappealing.