Apartment Girl

My date walked me up my apartment stairs. He was saying something about a great night, I don’t know. I was tuning him out, thinking about a nice warm bath with lilac-smelling bubbles. It was rude to do that, trust me I know. But he was boring.
“So I really enjoyed your company. And I had a great night. I thought the movie was good. And the food tasted really good.” Blah, blah, blah. I tried not to roll my eyes. Every guy has said the same thing.
“Oh yeah, me too. You are so funny!” I smiled and touched his arm, trying to be nice but this guy was a pain. Sure he could make me laugh but that’s not exactly hard to do. A lamp can make me laugh. The smile didn’t reach my eyes, I could feel it. He takes my hand. It was sweaty and gross. I sound like a total brat. Gosh, someone should seriously slap me. I mean the guys nice but if I stopped liking him in the middle of the date that’s bad, right? A second date wouldn’t go very well. We stop at the top of the stairs and he leans forward, waiting for a kiss. I give him a quick peck, say bye, and walk into my apartment building.
“Another date, Ms. Kristabel?” The front desk guy asks me. He always sees me with different men. I’m not a slut, though. Just a girl looking for love.
“Yes, but this one didn’t go well either. Personally, I don’t think there’s a guy out there for me. I’ve dated almost every freakin’ fish in the sea.” I sigh and push the button for the elevator. This apartment strikes me as interesting. Their front entrance looks so grand, I mean the floors actually look like real marble and the maroon walls and fancy couches add zest to the place. They have three floors that go up, and three floors that go down. I just think that’s so cool.
“Well, Ms. Kristabel there’s always someone out there. Just don’t give up.” I look back at him and pray with my eyes that he is right. He just smiles and nods his head at me, while the doors slide open. I walk in and press 2D so I can go two floors down away from the guy that I almost fell for. The memory pops into my head. When I first moved here, he was working there. The desk guy was stunningly handsome. Sharp cheek bones, a prominent jaw, black wavy hair, and these brown eyes that melted you when you looked into them, no matter how cold your heart was.
I was holding a box full of my crap when he caught my gaze, and perhaps my feet because the next thing I know I went skidding onto the floor and my crap fell out. His deep chuckle came from beside me as he started picking up the clothes. Bras, panties, you name it, it was on that floor. I get off the elevator and amble over to my door, number 52.

smith said...
this is beautiful. mrs. right will come soon

Tigerz101 replied...
May 6, 2011 at 9:30 am :
do you mean MR. right??

everything_shane said...
Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:04 am:
the story was nice but i  think u need to add some details to make it more beautiful.. that's all :) great job.. :)

brittany replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm :
I completely agree!

rom.writer96 said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm:
I found it very well written but it ended abruptly...I would love moreee!!!

Nerd34 said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 4:23 pm:
I thought it was good but ended abruptley needs more detail.

secrets said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm:
It started off really funny, but I don't get it?? What happened?? She noticed the guy at the desk and then....you stopped without a conclusion.

Ashlee H. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 10:59 am:
Great way to really describe feelings in a way the reader can relate to. It ended too soon, though! I am hungry for more!

lady gagag said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:22 am:
ende to soon need more description

BrielleM said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:37 pm:
I liked it well enough...Your writing is great! (: But it ended way too soon!

Lex2011 said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:51 am:
this was adorable. i just wish there was more *tear* but hey, keep on writing and check out my book. i need some advice :)

abottleofcreativeness said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:38 am:
this was really cute. u should add more cuz it's so cute. :D

HollerGirl26 said...
Liked it..but will there be more? :)

Tinyosi said...
Jan. 30, 2011 at 11:44 am:
Nice story, but...oh waiit, there wasn't one

beautifulpeople replied...
Jan. 31, 2011 at 9:12 am :
That was rude of you to say

tanaya replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:17 pm :
Yeah, you shouldn't be insulting the writer like that

MKimmi replied...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:17 am :

wasn't one wat? i dont understand it... i menat the comment,

btw, story's pretty good, like a good start but it left me hanging a little, like "Hey whats next?"

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 29, 2011 at 12:56 am :
iliked it! dont be rude. if u have something like that to say be tactfull.

AnimalGirl said...
this was really good!!!!!!

Aspiringauhor said...
Did you write a sequel???? Oh I hope you did! :)