Advice to my little brother as he looks for love

-don't make us chase you because you're guys and you should do the heavy work- that's what you're here for.
- girls like wake up & goodnight texts even if we don't admit it
- we love when guys take initiative. it's kinda manly and is a progression from your boyish 'playground' days.
- if we work we want a guy who has a job too- because we definetly aren't paying for the date and we don't want your mom paying either.
- oh an while we are on the subjec of dates i, like most other honest girls realize that when you take us to the movies for every date it means 1- you dont' want to be seen with us ( other girls, your friends, etc) 2- you don't want to talk to us 3- you don't want anyone seeing that your hand is slowly making its way to our zippers.
- please don't use her emotions to make her believe that you like her more than you do because that's just plain selfish; not to mention mean.
-whatever her talents are appreciate them becuase she's probably praised you on your girft.
- if she loves poetry (wink, wink =)) take her to a cafe that hosts a poetry night. even if she never gets up to share her work she'll be happy to be in a place where people can take poetry seriously.
- for all the girls out there: feel free to give my brother and his friends advice

DrowningInTheBrooke said...

-dont ever yell at us

-dont be afraid to show affection in front of your friends

-never intruduce us as your "friend"

-always intruduce us to the girl u r talking to

-we dont care if u remember our one month anniversary, but try to remember our 6 month and definetly remember our 1 yr

-dont say "i love you" unless you are sure that we feel it too

-dont pressure us into doing anything

-when we ask if we look fat always say no!!

softballfreak42 said...
OMG this doesn't even have 2 be for a brother! It could be for a boyfriend that you want to act differently! THANK YOU!

megs95 said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:15 pm:
This is awesome that you give your brother advice about dating. my sister does the exact opposite of what i tell her. all of this is so true

CrazyWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 1:22 pm:
Amen sister! lol i have 2 save this for my bro when he grows up. keep writing:)

JamieStarr said...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:22 pm:
allof this is so true like i was thinking about all my ex boyfriend and if they all did most of this they wouldnt have been dumped PLEASE keep writing ;)

TayMar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:54 am :
Of course I'll keep writing- thanks for the encouragement... I had no idea that people would actually like what I had to say so this is all really encouraging.

lovestruck said...
May 13, 2010 at 10:11 pm:
my best friend Andy asked me how to get really pretty girls (like me) to talk to  him. i showed him this. he has a date friday. THANKS!!!!

Jun. 14, 2010 at 6:51 am :

awww... that's awesome! lol i'm still working on my brother!

Reigyn said...
May 9, 2010 at 7:20 pm:
hah, i love this. so true.

pfeferminz said...
totally true! lol

Feb. 25, 2010 at 10:26 am :
Thanks! Hopefully he takes my advice! lol

Ali.B said...
Haha so bluntly true

TayMar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 17, 2009 at 8:01 am:
Thanks! =)

hahahaqgjsdjncgmjem said...
This poem is so sweet