A Teenage Love Story

It was a warm June night, the sun just a glimpse above the horizon, with a slight breeze, brushing lightly against my skin. I could feel my dark brown hair flowing with the direction of the wind as i went round and round on the carousel. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft carnival music in the background of people talking and laughing. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the joyful faces of children, their eyes wide with excitement, their parents watching them carefully and happily. I smiled, capturing the moment. I made sure to mentally write down all the details in my head, so I could retell it exactly . Its been nearly a week since I last seen them and would be another month or two until I would see them again, although before leaving they made me promise to call them when ever I wanted bit at least, once a week. Their 20th anniversary was last week, so as my gift, I decided to go stay with my aunt in California for the summer. As my mind drifted to my home back in New Jersey, I felt the carousel slowly come to a stop. I gently opened my eyes and let out a happy sigh. Aia laughed as I struggled to get off my carousel horse. Feeling dizzy, I went to find a place to sit. As I sat down on a nearby bench, my eyes swept the carnival for a corndog stand. Spotting one, I started walking towards it. Halfway there, knowing I was supposed to call my aunt at 9:30, I decided to see what time it was. I looked down in my bag and began searching for my phone. Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger. He looked about my age, if not a year older and was an inch taller than me. No words could even begin to describe him.
My heart pounding, I tried to catch my breath. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any more hotter,Gorgeous Stranger smiled, making his eyes twinkle and my conclusion rip into shreds. Finally catching my breath again, I tried to speak again. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going,..I….My…..Sorry” I stuttered. He laughed, and then smiled again. “Don’t be”, he said. Even the sound of his voice made my heart explode. He held out his hand. “I’m Jonah, by the way “I held out my hand, meeting his. My hand tingled. “Skyler’ I said back, matching his smile.

luvinlife519 said...
yippe! a sequel! finish it fast pls! I'm addicted

Bbrat said...
It was cute. You should keep going so we can see where this encounter takes them (:

lagov said...
The article “A Teenage Love Story,” I thought was interesting. It had a bit of a slow start I thought. Although it starts out slow it does start adding details. When it stated, “Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger,” I thought that part was so thrilling it gave a Romanic change in mood. The article from there on out was exciting and made me want to read more. The part when... (more »)

Michelle G. said...
this is really good, but i could be longer

dragonfan said...
Awsome! Great! Amazing! Can't wait to read more!!!!!!!

~*The-Broken-Hearted-Girl*~ said...
this couldn't be anymore amazing!! it's perfect!

jenx0x3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I <3 this and I am also writing a book and hoping to publish it somedday it is also a romance novel and the main character's name is also skylar

unwritten~loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
LOVED IT! wanna hear more.

windblossom said...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 7:38 am:
Its great!! eager to read the sequel! :)

JustMe said...
LOL thnaks :) ill be posting another one underthe name A teenage Love Story part 2 :)

Fredwardness said...
lol i thought this was cute, plz plz keep writing

<3::wish4wings::<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good:D i like it!