A Teenage Love Story

It was a warm June night, the sun just a glimpse above the horizon, with a slight breeze, brushing lightly against my skin. I could feel my dark brown hair flowing with the direction of the wind as i went round and round on the carousel. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft carnival music in the background of people talking and laughing. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the joyful faces of children, their eyes wide with excitement, their parents watching them carefully and happily. I smiled, capturing the moment. I made sure to mentally write down all the details in my head, so I could retell it exactly . Its been nearly a week since I last seen them and would be another month or two until I would see them again, although before leaving they made me promise to call them when ever I wanted bit at least, once a week. Their 20th anniversary was last week, so as my gift, I decided to go stay with my aunt in California for the summer. As my mind drifted to my home back in New Jersey, I felt the carousel slowly come to a stop. I gently opened my eyes and let out a happy sigh. Aia laughed as I struggled to get off my carousel horse. Feeling dizzy, I went to find a place to sit. As I sat down on a nearby bench, my eyes swept the carnival for a corndog stand. Spotting one, I started walking towards it. Halfway there, knowing I was supposed to call my aunt at 9:30, I decided to see what time it was. I looked down in my bag and began searching for my phone. Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger. He looked about my age, if not a year older and was an inch taller than me. No words could even begin to describe him.
My heart pounding, I tried to catch my breath. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any more hotter,Gorgeous Stranger smiled, making his eyes twinkle and my conclusion rip into shreds. Finally catching my breath again, I tried to speak again. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going,..I….My…..Sorry” I stuttered. He laughed, and then smiled again. “Don’t be”, he said. Even the sound of his voice made my heart explode. He held out his hand. “I’m Jonah, by the way “I held out my hand, meeting his. My hand tingled. “Skyler’ I said back, matching his smile.

millievm97 said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 5:47 pm:
It seemed like the story just cut off! Where is the story???

TheRiverLady This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:19 pm :
Well, the author said that it's part of a longer book she's written, so it's not just a short fiction in and of itself. Maybe that's why the ending seems abrupt?

cheerfreak25 said...
May 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm:
not enough need more!(:

Jesse T. replied...
May 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm :
Same here. This is amazing keep writeing!

RideTheWave said...
May 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm:
this is awesome!!!! more please!!!!!!

Maverick2217 said...
Apr. 3, 2011 at 11:24 am:
Um, Amazing! email me more:)

Slugger20 replied...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 5:35 pm :
agreed... please email me the rest :)

Seares C. said...

This is AMAZING! I need more! can you PLEASE email me more of? please? 

Keep writing :)

Katie-Lynn said...
I really enjoyed reading this, I can't wait to read some more of your work.

MeghanH said...
This is really good! I love your imagery:)

amtpinkpandaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I WANT MORE!!!!

Alexia_Grey said...
HEY!! WOW!! ur story's (ALL of them) are reallllly good!! PLEASE email me the whole story!! 

Naveen said...
Aug. 26, 2010 at 9:58 am:
Wow. That was such an amazing start to a story. Can you give me more of it ? (: And do check out some of my stories. Thanks :)

i.ll_be_fine_899 said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:51 pm:
awww cute ^^ you got a good story goin ;)

Laci2317 said...
May 30, 2010 at 11:31 am:
Its really good please give more

SmileyFace94 said...
May 8, 2010 at 6:39 pm:
oh my,this is very good! please give us more!!

Lovestonedloser said...
I simply need more! Comment some of my work please?

Liz_N11 said...
give me more!!!!!

Juliana said...
Omg I want to here more. Its absolutely amazing!

QuaddyAnn said...
Omg want morrrreee I m writing a book 2. My other 1 is gettin publishd

JustMe replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 5:04 pm :
WOW!!! Congratulations :) I hope your book is VERY successsful :)