Love at First Sight | Teen Ink

Love at First Sight

August 6, 2009
By JulieBennett BRONZE, Oxford, New Jersey
JulieBennett BRONZE, Oxford, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Molly was a shy girl, yet she had a presence that drew people to her like a magnet. That’s what Tom felt the first time he laid eyes on her. It was mid November when he saw her for the first time. They had been in school together for a little over three months and he never knew she existed until now. There had been a constant flurry of snow for the past hour but the white fluff wasn’t able to stick to the hard ground. Molly was perched on a stone column that was adjacent to the steps and was surrounded by a herd of guys. She was wearing a gray sweatshirt that looked brand new from where Tom was standing.
Although her cheeks and nose were red from the cold, and her brown hair was knotted from the snowy gusts, he still thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. The closer he walked toward her the more he noticed the little things that made her beautiful. Her face was a perfect oval shape and each of her features we’re perfectly placed on it like a canvas. Two rosy lips were located a flawless distance between her nose and her chin. Despite all the beautiful attributes Molly possessed, her eyes were by far the most striking.
Each eye was like a different ocean of blues and greens. They looked almost as if an artist painted them on, but Tom knew nobody could ever possess enough talent to replicate them. He slowly got lost in her eyes, and every time she laughed or smiled they glistened in the light and sucked him in more and more. Tom stood there for a few more moments, taking in everything that he was seeing. Than, it was time for him to go, and he secretively whispered ‘goodbye’ to the girl he would never see again.