A Silly Game Called Love

The night was perfect. The Chevy car windows were rolled down, and a cool breeze brushed across the back of my neck. I was relaxed, the soothing alternative music was turned down softly so I could just faintly hear it through the speakers. There, sitting next to me, was the boy I always dreamed of being with. His name is Peter.
Peter is tall with brown eyes that made me gaze into them, dreaming I was in a pool of chocolate goodness. His brown hair was shaggy and shoulder length, with bangs swayed across his forehead.
I gazed at him, wishing his lips would touch mine. He slid his hand to my knee and brushed it softly. He whispered in my ear sweet nothings about how beautiful I was, and most importantly, what I meant to him.
He leaned in slowly, pulling back a little. Was he hesitating? I mean, I was nervous too if that was the case. Hello? It was my first kiss- I saved it for someone special and that special someone was Peter. My palms were damp with sweat to show my nervousness.
Finally, after moments of waiting and sitting on the edge of my seat, his lips softly brushed mine. He pulled away for just a moment, and then we were back kissing for longer.
When his lips touched mine, memories of our childhood came rushing back. I remember when he used to push me in the dirt only because he liked me. I remember when he gave me his cupcake because he knew chocolate cupcakes that his mother made were my favorite. I remember crying on his shoulder when teenage years seemed to catch up to me. I remember it all.
"You know Sam?" I loved the way he said my name.
"Yes, Pete? What is it?" I asked, reaching for his hand to intertwine it with mine. He didn't refuse it.
"I love you." The magical words that I had waited YEARS to hear had finally made their way past his lips. "I love you" replayed over and over again repeatedly in my head.
"Well, you might be surprised to know... that I love you too, Pete."
And with that, we climbed into the back of his truck and fell asleep under the stars wrapped in each other's tight embrace.

BookLOver808 said...
Awwwwww. sweet. good. and loved by me and my sister. great writting!

kiwi12 said...
very cute! I love it.

unearthlyhaphazard said...
Jul. 30, 2009 at 12:49 am
It's very sweet. I just think that maybe you could add an actual flashback, perhaps, about Sam and Peter younger. But it was really good. Keep it up!