Would you Die for Me? | Teen Ink

Would you Die for Me?

By lyricist PLATINUM, West Pittston, Pennsylvania
lyricist PLATINUM, West Pittston, Pennsylvania

" How dare you give them so much power"

“You must be kidding me,”. A simple statement. An easy question. The smile slid off his face. And she went on, either ignoring or not seeing it happen.

“You told me you just wanted to talk to her, that you still liked her, all this absolute bulls***, and I said okay. Then the entire time, you kept coming on to me, holding me, kissing me, the whole fricken nine yards, Kevin. And then finally, you practically start screaming at me, that I’ve got it all wrong, that I’m the one at fault here, that this is not what I think, and that you were using me. Using me. That you once loved me, and now your using me. That hurt Kevin. That hurt a lot. And I didn’t really believe you. But now, after all this, she rejects you. When I came to you with open arms, you walked away. You left me to hug myself. You left everything you had know, on a whim that maybe you liked her and maybe shed come back. Arms open wide Kevin, and yet you walked away and hurt me in the process. And I tried to protect you. I tried so hard. But you wouldn’t listen. You wouldn’t hear it. You thought it was all about me. And it never once had anything to do with me. Not once. Not in the two years I’ve know you was it ever about me. And now here you stand. Broken, shattered, hurt, hurt like I never could hurt you. Hurt less then what your capable of, and what you did to me. And now, now that you have no other choice, you want me. “

“But Jessica, I still love”

“Don’t Kevin. I have always loved you. I never lied to you. Not once. You spewed so much s*** at me, and now, you don’t care. If I died tomorrow you wouldn’t give a damn. Don’t argue. You just want me, because you can have everything physical again. You don’t have to bulls*** your way up. “

“I cried for you. I would have died for you.”

“Would you die for me?”

on Dec. 12 2010 at 10:27 am
_helenhorton SILVER, Springfield, Ohio
this is a good example of how some teens are with their relationships and it's really relateable. great story :)

skisoul96 GOLD said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 3:48 pm
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today
its already tomorrow in Australia.

Don't get me wrong, I looooooved your peice. You're the writer so you can do whatever you want. Check out my peice, its also mostly talking.

kerlil said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 3:02 pm
Thank you for your comment. I do agree that it might make it easier to read, but the idea was that it was one long rant, uninterrupted and almost hard to follow. Thats why i wrote it that way 

skisoul96 GOLD said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 1:01 pm
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

its already tomorrow in Australia.

The dialouge was awesome but don't you think you should break up the whole middle where she's talking. Maybe split it up into a few sets of dialouge. Like have him interupt a few times? That way its also easier to read.

Meli138 said...
on Apr. 1 2010 at 9:42 pm
Meli138, GP, Texas

"Like a bird with broken wings its not how high he flies but the song he sings"
"Everybody live like its the last day you will ever see tell me tell me do you feel the pressure now?"

GREAT JOB! Amazing really :)

keep it up!

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
on Jul. 2 2009 at 11:33 pm
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

I love the setup of this, with only dialogue. I commend Jessica for sending him away because everyone knows if she relents it'll just be the same old crap. Bravo! You earned Kitteh's Stamp of Approvalness <(o.0)> ZERO