Unforgiven | Teen Ink

Unforgiven

May 24, 2009
By Smartygirl625 PLATINUM, El Paso, Texas
Smartygirl625 PLATINUM, El Paso, Texas
20 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love, for a guy, is just a chapter... but for a girl, its the whole book.


I watch her stare at me with tears streaming down her eyes. She stands in front of me, shaking from the sobs that come deep from her chest.
"I'm sorry," she whispers softly, almost like a lulaby. "I'm so sorry."
I shake my head at her, wondering how she could do this to me. What made her think that I could ever forgive her for what she had done? "You're sorry? Yeah, so am I," I respond sarcastically.
"What can I do to make it up to you?" she sobs. "I'll do anything!" I can see that she is close to hysterical.
"Leave him." My words are hollow and they ring in the air, like an eerie bell from a church.
"I can't."
"Then, that's how it is," I say, turning to walk away.
"What could I have done? I fell in love! Why is that a sin? Why can't you just be happy for me?" she cries, rage building on the surface.
I spin where I am and stare at her, my own rage building in my chest. "Because he was mine!" I can see how my words cut in her chest, how they cut her heart. "Because I loved him first," I whisper. Tears stream down my cheeks as I cry for the love and the best friend that I have lost. "The love of your life does not cheat on you with your best friend. And your best friend doesn't betray you and steal the love of your life. You messed up." I laugh coldly. "We both did." I walk away before my emotion get the better of me, before I loose my grip and just fall down and cry.
"Why?" she sobs, falling to her knees on the ground. "I'm sorry."
I smirk. "Why? Because what you did, was unforgivable."