She Always Knew | Teen Ink

She Always Knew

Way back when Teresa, her boyfriend, and their friends were at their home in Jefferson, Texas, they were planning a vacation to Montana. They would always go out to eat, have fun, and go to tons of places while they were ‘out and about’. They all though it would be fun to visit another country and to see a bunch of different things, like animals or plants. Throughout the time they were planning, something came about. Teresa had gotten sick, and it was a very, very terrible stomachache that was horrendous. This was very hard for her because she was not used to being sick.

It all started when they went out to eat, how they always do. The teens sat and had conversation while eating. When they were ready to go, they paid the bill and left. It wasn’t until later when they all got home and took showers and did their own night routines. When Teresa had just gotten out of the shower, she mentioned that she didn’t feel good. She had to sit down but then she grabbed her stomach. Obviously, it was something to do with the food she had just eaten. You know it was bad because she started crying. No one thought anything of it, just a stomachache.

Her boyfriend Sam tried to comfort her and told her it may be best if she sleeps it off. He then laid down with her and tried to soothe her. It was hard for her to sleep throughout the night. But the next morning she was still in pain. Turns out the food she ate the night before was bad and this in fact was not yet over. They all gathered into their car and drove her to the ER. When they got there, she got checked in and the doctors took her in as soon as they could.

Unfortunately, for the uncommon sickness they couldn’t help. All the facility had was antibiotics because people are not used to getting these stomach aches. So, Sam, Nicole, and Eli all searched online where the nearest supply dispense was. Turns out it was in the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They were all trying to set up for Sam and getting through the city. A thing to keep in mind is that they’ve never been outside of Texas. While they were doing that, Teresa was trying to sleep away her pain.

Later on, it was time for Sam to get on the road. He hugged and kissed his girl and told her he would see her later then they said, “I love you.” Even though it was hard for the both of them, you have to do what you have to do. Teresa was okay because she still had her best friend Nicole’s support and Nicole’s cousin, Eli. Sam loaded a few things he would need for the road into the car. Things like clothes, hygienic products, money, food/ snacks, etc. He started to get the GPS on his phone headed to Milwaukee. It would take 14 hours to get there and back, he had a long da and a half ahead of him.

All Sam could worry about was if his girlfriend was okay. Eventually he got the idea out of his mind and tried to distract himself. He turned the radio on but thought all the songs were boring, so he used the aux. Then he proceeds to roll down the window. Outside there were a bunch of things he’d never seen before. Three hours into the trip, Sam had gotten hungry, so he decided to stop at a diner called ‘Checkers’. He ordered a bacon cheeseburger, a side of fries, and a strawberry Fanta. He got it to go so he could get back on the road.

At this time there were 11 hours left to get to his destination. Sam drove for 5 more hours trying to get there as soon as possible. He checks into a hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, and settles in for the night. And obviously he only booked for the night. So, the next morning he woke up brushed his teeth, washed his face, got dressed and checked out. He was hungry from all the diving and stopped to get breakfast. And he also stopped to get gas for $2.30 per gallon. Sam ordered pancakes, eggs, and bacon with a bottle of orange juice.

Later on, as Sam was driving, he starting to think if they were okay back home. So, he tried to call Teresa’s phone and it connected. He was happy because he had already missed her. The two of the talked and asked if one another were okay, they said yes. When they got off of the phone, Sam turned his music on and continued to drive for a few hours. Now completely away from Texas, Sam started to see more different things. He took a few pictures and sent them to Teresa, and she ‘loved’ them.

As Sam continued to drive hour by hour, he made many stops. Whenever it had gotten nighttime, he stayed in a hotel for the night. When he arrived to the state of Wisconsin, he was ecstatic that he made it. Thankful about arriving safely, Sam hurriedly started on his way to Milwaukee in desperate need of the medicine for his girl. He sped through the city, and he finally made it to the clinic and he’s frantically trying to get help. He finally did though it took an hour. He got what he needed and left.

Within time, Sam wanted to call Teresa, Nicole, and Eli to tell them he retrieved the medicine. But sadly, he couldn’t because if he tried to call it wouldn’t get to them. He’s driving back to Texas and from Texas to Wisconsin is a 14-hour drive depending. That’s a lot having to drive 14 hours one place then back. But he did it for his girlfriend because he loves her dearly and would do anything for her. Sam still had to get food and rest in between all of this, so he checked into a hotel for the night. In the morning he was ready to drive the rest of the way home. As Sam got closer and closer, he could finally call so he did. Once the call connected, he blurted out, “I GOT IT, I GOT THE MEDICINE!” they didn’t even have a chance to say anything before he said it. Eli, Teresa, and Nicole all started to cheer and were thrilled.

This is the part where Teresa started crying because she couldn’t believe he actually went out of his way to make sure she was okay. But he’s her boyfriend so what did she expect, right? Sam finally arrived home, and the first thing he did was speak to everyone. He thanked Nicole and Eli for watching over Teresa while he was away. He then went to Teresa and gave he a hug. As excited as Sam was, it showed. He was speaking extremely fast, and you could barely understand what he was saying. Finally, he took the medicine and filled the syringe that was provided and injected it into her arm. The following day, Teresa was feeling stronger and more cleansed. So, in the end, she knew Sam was her ‘heart in human form’ and he proved that by taking the extra step. And that’s how she always knew he was the one for her.

They hugged each other tight and told one another “I love you, always.” And they would spend the rest of their lives showing it.

you have to have an imagination to understand people don't get sick in their town. Remember to use your imagination.