Girl.Meets.Reality | Teen Ink

Girl.Meets.Reality

May 26, 2009
By greeny7 PLATINUM, Chatham, Other
greeny7 PLATINUM, Chatham, Other
38 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I stared at the screen in utter shock. I guess I just didn’t understand. How could someone like him, someone so sweet and understanding be...
Ryan2400: Please say something
How could I? Even though it was a long distance relationship, I liked him so much and it was so hard for me to not be able to see him.
Jenna007: I dk what 2 say.
I looked at his profile picture, the long black hair and piercing eyes. At first I didn’t understand how he could possibly be interested in me, a 14 year old girl with dull brown hair and awful acne. Somehow, this boy that was 17, cool and mysterious liked me. Or so I thought. After talking with him for a few months, he decided to tell me he has a boyfriend. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against same sex couples but, at 14 it’s hard to understand sexuality. It’s this whole confusing political issue. We see transgendered, pregnant men and the society makes such a big deal about it. Why we can’t just leave everyone alone; point out the good and not the bad. I like boys, I guess, but I don’t have certain feelings and I’ve never even gone as far as a kiss! I was sure that once Ryan and I met, he’d kiss me then notice I was the girl of his dreams. I guess I was living in a fantasy world.
Ryan2400: I wasn’t cheating on you, we were never a couple.
No we never said it aloud, but in my head, we were so much more than just friends.
Jenna007: You’re right. I have no right to be mad. I was just surprised.
Ryan 2400: He’s really great. You’d like him.
Jenna007: Cool. I g2g.
I had to lie. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I felt like I had been cheated on, and I felt guilty because we were never official so I shouldn’t feel this way. He should have been clearer with what he was looking for.
Ryan2400: Please don’t let this ruin our friendship, you’re a great friend. I’m so glad I could find someone like you to confide in. Please don’t leave me hanging.
There he goes again. Making me believe that he really cares.
Ryan2400: I really care about you.
Jenna007: Ryan, you’re confusing me. You flirt with me then tell me you’re dating someone else. It’s not fair.
Ryan2400: You’re right. I’m sorry
Jenna007: No Ryan you led me on. I can’t let you confuse me or control me. You acted like we were more than friends. For myself, I have to end whatever we are. I just can’t let you do this to me again.
And I almost regretted pressing the send button. Our talking and confiding was over. Done forever. However, I needed to do it for me, because a girl should never let a boy control her. And men should never underestimate a woman’s power.