Summer Romance | Teen Ink

Summer Romance

By Sara Turner BRONZE, Spring, Pennsylvania
Sara Turner BRONZE, Spring, Pennsylvania

We were caught in our summer dreams of sitting up late at night on an oak porch swing, sharing of confessions of love.
We were content in the low chirping of the crickets and the splashing of the waves against each other.

“Let me tell you a story of two star crossed lovers.” I broke the comfortable silence.

“Sounds like Romeo and Juliet.” He commented smartly.

I gave him a look to be quiet as I began my tale.

“Long ago, there was a divided kingdom with a princess caught in between the warring kingdom. She was the kingdom’s treasure with her chestnut colored hair and eyes that shined like a tropical sea. But she was more than just a pretty face, she was the one blessed with extraordinary powers. The kingdom fought a long and bloody war because of their over confidence in their beliefs. The princess sick of the fighting, snuck out of the kingdom under the glow of the full moon, running until she reached foreign land. The foreign land was strange, filled with an energy she had never felt before. She wandered around the place, looking for any signs of life but to no avail. Giving up, she slumped down onto the ground, against an old willow tree. An arrow flew by her, accompanied by a male body that slammed into her. The man quite literally took her breath away as his muscular and taller body squished her smaller frame. She stared up into enchanted emerald eyes, momentarily lost in the depths of them. The man regarded her with cold calculating eyes.

“You are not from this land.” The man stated in a cold quiet voice.

The girl sucked in a deep breath, gathering her courage.

“I am aware. I have run away from my kingdom because I cannot stand to see them shed each other’s blood.”

“Then you are the prophesized one. The one who would find me to help unite her kingdom; I’ve been expecting.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

“Who are you?”

“I am the Wolf Prince and this is the Kingdom of the Gods’ and your Kingdom of Light is in need of our union.”

The girl stood in shock of the clear cut information the man around her age, gave her.

“I don’t even know you and besides I’m barely am an adult and you expect me to unite my kingdom with someone I do not know.” The girl exclaimed in disbelief.

The man nodded as it was obvious for him.

“I will not have a union with a man I do not know and certainly have no love for.

“You will.” Was his short reply.

“They traveled back to her kingdom. Soon after their union took place in the center of her kingdom and was surrounded by celestial light form the heavens. With their union and with the Gods’ interference, they slowly brought her kingdom back together and restored it to its former glory.”

“And they had fallen in love surely but slowly, just as the man said. With their found love they created a son, who they loved very dearly.” He interrupted my story.

I smiled.

“They soon after the birth of their son were expecting a beautiful daughter.” I finished, patting my slowly growing stomach.

He smiled lovingly at me.

“So star crossed lovers, huh?”

I smiled.

“Well technically you had to cross the stars in order to get to me.”

He laughed.

“Here I thought it was because I was the God of the Celestial.”

“Don’t flatter yourself.” I reminded him.

We smiled once more at each other. Life was perfect as we watched our little Blake play in the field, underneath the warm summer night’s sky.

“That was one heck of a summer wasn’t it?” he asked randomly about my story.

I laughed.

“Well it was certainly a summer romance.”

“Much like this.”

“We never did leave our summer romance, did we?”

I shook my head no with a small smile playing on my face.

It was perfect with his arms wrapped around me, our little boy playing happily in the fields, and our baby girl softly kicking as her daddy placed his hand on my stomach.

Who knew that a divided kingdom, a strange boy declaring his love for me and a little bit of destiny’s play could produce my happy ending.

This is a side story to a piece of writing I am working on. It's suppose to be a simple piece to capture one moment in time.
My piece didn't start the way or go the way I originally thought, but I am happy where it took me.

tgir85 GOLD said...
tgir85 GOLD, Katy, Texas

"I only put you through that test to see if you would keep the faith or give up..."

cool it is very good...

^^