The Promise, Our Promise | Teen Ink

The Promise, Our Promise

By MusicL0v3r28 GOLD, Forks, Pennsylvania
MusicL0v3r28 GOLD, Forks, Pennsylvania

I'm dying inside without him, he doesn't realize. I took a chance on him, He broke his promise. I remember that promise, it will always be in my heart. Wondering why I wasn't good enough for you. The promise is what kept us strong, kept us going, kept us together. The second you backed away, we fell apart. I cried for you. I screamed for you. I laughed for you. I smiled for you. I am missing you. You replaced me, I knew it was coming... didn't want to believe it. If you kept the promise this wouldn't be happening, I wouldn't be miserable. I wouldn't be dying, emotionally. I would be in your arms, living the promise. Our promise. The promise we should've kept to ourselves and to each other. I have to try to forget the emotion and lies, but I can't forget your smile and eyes. The smile you gave me when you told me how you felt, The eyes trying to make me happy. I wish I could run away with you, I wish I could forget you. I can't. Even if I tried. So, I'm going to move on, sadly, trying to forget about you. I'm taking our promise with me.