The Waking Nightmare | Teen Ink

The Waking Nightmare

March 16, 2019
By Scarlet-Raven SILVER, Amarillo, Texas
Scarlet-Raven SILVER, Amarillo, Texas
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When they told her her story was written in the stars, she went to the heavens and crushed each one with her bare hands, stars have no power over her, the night sky is her's now, and she will carve it with constellations of her own." - Never tell a goddess her fate//k.s.


"Hey, hey, hey, Baby, what's wrong?"

Adeena shuddered from the dream, disturbingly vivid. The same dream of fighting, and faces, and the icy clench of betrayal in her chest already fading in consciousness. And yet she couldn't stop crying, shoulders trembling violently, and uncontrollable sobbing. 

Brina gathered the brunette close, tucked Adeena's head to her chest and made soft, calming sounds. "Bad dream again, huh? It's alright. Nothing will touch you while you're in my arms." Adeena slowly clasped her arms around her girlfriend. Brina could feel Adeena calm down a little, but she still gripped the brunette just as tight, as if trying to squeeze the pain and fear from her. This had been going on for several nights now, and Brina was starting to get concerned about her girlfriend's mental health. She hated seeing Adeena like this, but somehow she loved it too, she loved comforting her. She loved her Adeena more than anything. Brina looked down at the brunette in her arms, she noticed Adeena had stopped crying and started falling back to sleep. Brina let herself go back to sleep with her girlfriend in her arms.


The author's comments:

Just thought I'd make a little short story with these two characters of mine. I might make more short stories with them, but the stories will fit with their characters.