I Hope I Survive

I imagined High School to be a very welcoming area. Where everyone got along because we we're to old for drama. To be able to walk down the hall and be greeted by warm smiles and kind gestures.

But did reality struck me. I was wrong. My first 5 minutes of VHA was completely horrifying. I barely made it to my lockers, when some bleach blond walked up to me and told me that this was her "zone". What in the world? Crazy people these days.

"New girl. I'm Tracy. I'm the rule it here, and this is MY zone. So if you know better, stay clear of my way because if you don't, you're going to end up missing." She sneered into my face. "Well, chao!"

I stood like a fish out of water for about two minutes before I realized someone was waiting for me to move.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get in your way." I slide to the side to let him past. "I'm new here and its been a bizarre morning."

"I can see. But stay clear of Tracy, she's the ruling Blondie that many are 'oh so afraid of'. She hates competition, and she'll drain you of your blood if she had too, literally. That's what I've heard at least." He laughed.

"Oh. That's very, uh, nice to know." I didn't know what to say or how to respond to his comment.

"I'm Erik by the way, and you are...?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Anya." I looked up and saw who I was speaking to.

His skin was pale but faintly blushed with just enough color to his cheeks. His eyes gleamed a deep butterscotch gold. He smiled and the whole world illuminated around him."

BRRRRRING! I was pulled back to reality. The bell signaled the pile of anxious students to scurry on to class. I too fell into step the group of students who dispersed themselves to homeroom. Oh goth, I'm already tired and school has just barely started.
What is next? I hope I survive.

Harmony B. said...
WOW!!! very good!!!

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
No offense, but I am SOOOOOOO sick and tired of vampires! Twilight is so dumb.

ThaoNguyen replied...
May 8, 2012 at 2:31 am
Seriously? She's expressing her writing. If you don't have anything nice tonsay penguin, then shut up. Calina this is amazing. Don't listen to her.

Snugglebutt77 said...
I love it calina! It was awsome. Keep working and i know you will be fantastic.
Love ya girl!
Alexis.

demetriusleesmith said...
i love the story cali.. but where's the rest of it!! lol

Calina said...
Its not my best work, but I hope you'll enjoy it nonetheless. Please rate and leave a comment.

-Calina

KICK3593 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this story is sort of hanging on to an essence of its own individuality. It's got a spiky attitude, but it is very cliche. I hope this isn't the end of it, it looks way too short. I hope you'll make an extended version/sequel. I wouldn't mind at all reading it.

xJessicababeey said...
I loved it ! It was amazing(;

Rogueninja12345 said...
THIS STORY IS AWESHUMZ!!!!! And So Is It's Writer. This story is based on any other ordinary high schooler's life, or is it??? I am always interested in stories like these. ^_^ Cali, YOU ROCK!!!!!

I hope this comment will mean something to you. Again, THIS STORY RULEZ!!!!!

-Candy Holic Kiri Kiri

Calina_Lover said...
You are a terrific writer!
I cant wait to read the rest.
Please continue to write, because i
really wanna know what does she have
to survive.
please please please!!!