I Hope I Survive | Teen Ink

I Hope I Survive

April 9, 2009
By Calina BRONZE, Forest Park, Georgia
Calina BRONZE, Forest Park, Georgia
1 article 1 photo 6 comments

I imagined High School to be a very welcoming area. Where everyone got along because we we're to old for drama. To be able to walk down the hall and be greeted by warm smiles and kind gestures.

But did reality struck me. I was wrong. My first 5 minutes of VHA was completely horrifying. I barely made it to my lockers, when some bleach blond walked up to me and told me that this was her "zone". What in the world? Crazy people these days.

"New girl. I'm Tracy. I'm the rule it here, and this is MY zone. So if you know better, stay clear of my way because if you don't, you're going to end up missing." She sneered into my face. "Well, chao!"

I stood like a fish out of water for about two minutes before I realized someone was waiting for me to move.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get in your way." I slide to the side to let him past. "I'm new here and its been a bizarre morning."

"I can see. But stay clear of Tracy, she's the ruling Blondie that many are 'oh so afraid of'. She hates competition, and she'll drain you of your blood if she had too, literally. That's what I've heard at least." He laughed.

"Oh. That's very, uh, nice to know." I didn't know what to say or how to respond to his comment.

"I'm Erik by the way, and you are...?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Anya." I looked up and saw who I was speaking to.

His skin was pale but faintly blushed with just enough color to his cheeks. His eyes gleamed a deep butterscotch gold. He smiled and the whole world illuminated around him."

BRRRRRING! I was pulled back to reality. The bell signaled the pile of anxious students to scurry on to class. I too fell into step the group of students who dispersed themselves to homeroom. Oh goth, I'm already tired and school has just barely started.
What is next? I hope I survive.

The author's comments:
There are many inspirations behind this work, but I would really have to say that the most credits goes to wonderful Vampire series. They are Twilight, House of Night, Vampire Academy, and so forth. Its just another normal teenage life---that proves we're abnormal.