Beach | Teen Ink

Beach

By Madison Coen BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
Madison Coen BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

I walked through the hot sand very slow. I could feel the sand run in between my toes. It was a nice summer day and my family and I were vacationing on the beach in Florida. It was so nice to be away from home and relax in the peace and quietness that the beach had.

I had never been to Florida before. When I told my friends were I was going they said that the one thing I had to do while I was there was go on a nice run through the beach. I tried it and it was fantastic. I had never felt anything like it before. I couldn’t believe that I had waited so long to try it but I guess it was because this was the first time I had been to the beach.

Every once in a while I would pass by a little crab in the sand. They were so small. I do not know how they could survive against the waves that wash ashore. I had to pick one up. It didn’t do anything. It was probably too scared to come out and see me.

Afterwards, I started running again. I stopped again and found this really unique seashell. It looked like sea glass. I wish I could have collected enough to make a cool vase. I started to run again and told myself I was done stopping or I would never get back. I had to get to the condo in 10 minutes. I will definitely come back tomorrow!