The Wait for Lunch | Teen Ink

The Wait for Lunch

93% of Americans eat pizza at least once a month! Woah Americans are fat, and even can be obese! I am so hungry, and there’s still three periods till lunch. Right now I'm in math, ugh, I hate math. But you know what I hate more? Social Studies. And that's next. I hate social studies just like I hate peas. Even though I HATE peas, I would rather have them then be hungry.

Around 7 percent of the potatoes grown in the U.S. end up being sold at Mcdonald's. Great, now I want McDonald's! Speaking of food now I’m in the pea class, now that I think about it I have to pee too, and I’m cold. Colder than ice cream.

Speaking of ice cream, the world’s tallest ice cream cone was scooped in Italy and it was 9 feet tall!! My favorite flavor of ice cream is black licorice. It’s de-li-curious!!!

It’s September third and its freezing here in Ohio, hey wait a minute September third is international bacon day! YAYYYY!!!!! I sweep my arm off my desk and into the air and my teacher calls on me. I ask if its really international bacon day, and she gives me the death stare. Maybe not. There's no answer and the class giggles.

I look down and my mind wanders too the idea of snacks, lots of snacks! Like fruit snacks, and Cheetos, and Doritos, and ruffles, and candy, and chocolate, and fruits. I hate fruits and veggies but at this point, I would eat them. By now I am saying all of this out loud, and I’m probably drooling too. The whole class bursts out in laughter, and once again, I am given the stare. But back to fruit.

Strawberries are not berries however bananas are actually berries!  The bell finally rings, there’s one more class before lunch. Lunch, I really want lunch. I HATE every fruit and vegetable but yet I would eat all of them right now. You know what I really hate, apples. Everyone says they're so good but I hate them but I would eat them considering how hungry I am. This story really sucks and there's no purpose to it but anyway…

Almost half the food in the world is thrown away! Can you believe that!?!?!? How wasteful can you be?!  I would eat it right now all of it, right out of the garbage! I just can’t sit through this last period, with an empty stomach!! I need to sneak something! Just like one chip, or one cheez it, anything really would do.

A watermelon is both a fruit and a vegetable! Even though I hate fruits and vegetables, I find this fact pretty interesting.