What Some Would Call the "Perfect Life" | Teen Ink

What Some Would Call the "Perfect Life"

December 15, 2017
By DaishiaBailey BRONZE, Malakoff, Tx, Texas
DaishiaBailey BRONZE, Malakoff, Tx, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Once there was this young girl named Beth and she dreamed about having the perfect life, family, and career. She was a good person; so nice, caring, and loving. She loved to help everyone with everything, she didn’t care what it was or who it was she will still help them or care for them in a time of need. Everyday when she went to school, she would have the biggest smile on her face; there was never a day when she was never smiling.  Although people thought she was happy, she wasn’t.
     

When Beth was about 10 years of age, her life was perfect had a great house, food was always on the table, great family, and no worries at all. Her mom Heather and dad Jackson have been married for 20 years. They have been in love with each other for years now. They have been with each other ever since 7th grade. Beth’s mother and father were arguing one night and it got so bad that Beth’s dad Jackson left beth and her mother.
While Jackson was packing, Heather sat on the floor begging and crying saying, “Please don’t leave, I can’t do this without you, I need you here...Beth needs you here.”


Beth didn’t understand what was going on, ”Why were they arguing, why is he leaving mommy and I,” she thought.
    

A couple of months have went by Beth’s mother is struggling to pay all their bills, they are about to lose their house, they have no food to eat, they have nothing but each other. Beth’s mom Heather is starting to give up on life, she doesn’t have money to support her and Beth. She is doing drugs, selling them,and even drinking. She is not in the right state of mind. Beth tries to act like everything’s okay, Beth still goes to school with a big smile on her face, she is not letting anything mess up her happy life. Beth’s mom end up getting enough money to pay all the bills she needed to pay. Instead she spent all that money on her new boyfriend. Beth had no idea about her mom’s new boyfriend. So the next day a random man shows up to Beth’s house and asks for Heather. Beth has no idea who this man is asking for her mom.” Mom someone’s at the door for you,”yelled Beth. Heather runs to the front door and sees the man and starts to smile. “Well come on in please,” said Heather.
  

“Hi I am Mike and I am your mom’s boyfriend, I will be moving in with you guys,” said Mike. “Ummmm hi I am Beth,”said Beth.


Beth is scared she has only just met Mike and he is already moving in with them. Mike doesn’t have a job nor money to help take care of their needs. Beth, Heather, and Mike live in a rundown house with no lights nor water, the house has nothing. Beth hates living there because all her mom and Mike do is argue all the time either because they are high or drunk. The next day Beth goes to school she is smiling, and having a great day. Then out of nowhere Beth sees her mom coming into her school wearing nasty, smelly,  ripped clothes, her mom begins to cry.
   

The whole school starts laughing and pointing at Beth and her mother Heather calling them names. Beth takes her mom and runs out the school. “Why are you here looking like this, you embarrassed me in front of the whole school,”said Beth.


“I am sorry Mike and I got into a fight and he kicked me out the house and started beating me for no reason,” said Heather. Beth and her mother Heather walk home and when they come home they see that all their stuff was thrown out on the nasty, muddy, rainy ground.


They pick up everything they own and take it back inside the house. “My mother and I are moving out and going to start a better life, without you or anyone beating on us and treating us like we are a piece of trash left on the side of the road.” said Beth. Beth and her mother Heather pack all their things and moved out. A couple of years later Beth and her mother Heather are living a better life and they both have jobs and living in a nice little house.
“Beth i want you to have a better life than what you had when you were little,” said Heather. “You don’t deserve no one beating or not treating you with respect,”said Heather. Heather is showing Beth that just because you have problems or lived a bad life you can always turn your life around and make it better for yourself and your family.  So Beth had done got married and had kids of her own,and now is doing her dreamed just how she planned it working hard and supporting her family. Now Heather is living with her daughter, son in law and her grandkids living a healthy and perfect life, with loving and caring people.