There is always help. | Teen Ink

There is always help.

November 29, 2017
By GissellePV BRONZE, Hemet, California
GissellePV BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One day my sister was playing in the back yard the next day she's gone. It all started yesterday morning when i woke up from my bed i look over to my right and see my sister. She got up and carried on her day. There was something odd about her she was mopey but I did not ask her because this week she has been waking up like this. I didn't think much of it at the time I just thought that homework might be stressing her out. At breakfast she didn't seem to happy about her food even though it was her favorite food but I ate away because I was quite hungry. After our breakfast we got ready to go to school. She went inside the car to she was listening to music while I was trying to finish on last minute homework. She was very quiet that car ride. So once we got dropped off from school I asked her “Are you okay?”  She didn't respond she continued listen to her music. I continued my day went home. I saw her again but she looked different tired and bummed out I just guessed it was from lack of sleep from the previous day so I went my room and I posted a picture on instagram of me and my sister to be disturbed by a scream. I got up from where I was and I saw my mom crying so I come closer to her to see that my sister was not here on this earth anymore. How could this be? She seem bummed but not the point of taking away her own life.

Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US. Each year 44,193 Americans die by suicide. For every suicide 25 attempted. Suicide is not the answer ask for help. Don't be one of the reasons either smile to people you don't know what they might be going through.