The Day My Tomorrow Never Came | Teen Ink

The Day My Tomorrow Never Came

April 3, 2009
By TigerLily212 GOLD, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
TigerLily212 GOLD, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
13 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the end we're all lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away in the time I've been given I am what I am." - Never Enough by Five Finger Death Punch


I'm so frustrated. I can feel the pain swelling up inside of me. I can see the black/red blood on my skin and feel the tears pouring down my cheeks.

Everybody's screaming. I try to make sound but nothing comes out. Nobody's here to see the tears in my eyes, the broken glass in my hand, my blood stained sweater, or the big gash in my arm.

I can hear the sound of glass bottles breaking, Mom yelling in rage about Dad's party tonight. As I listen carefully I hear the sound barking, happily, off in the distance. I wish I could be with the dog in a happy place. But when I listen to whats happening close by, what I hear I don't like at all.

It's the sound of breaks squealing and tires sliding on black ice. The sound of our screen door bang shut and a horrible scream.

I rushed to my window to see my mom standing on the pouch, her mouth open in a perfect circle but the scream was over as she looked straight ahead. I followed hear gaze. What I saw wasn't pretty. It was the little red car, that looked all to familar, spinning on the ice covered road. The car stopped spinning only long enough to crash into a pole.

I knew there should have been a noise, but I didn't hear a thing. It was like my ears were turned off so i didn't have to witnes the sounds. If only my eyes could have turned off too so I didn't have to winess the sights.

I studied the little red car and realised I would never see the one and only person worth living for again.

Suddenly my head started spinning, faster then the car did. I got really dizzy and did the best thing I knew to do when I felt like this. I wrote this all down for you to view. This is the last thing I ever witnessed, ever saw. For this is the day my tomorrow never came.

The author's comments:
This is about a dream I had.