Techno Rave | Teen Ink

Techno Rave

By Dodgeman1998 BRONZE, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Dodgeman1998 BRONZE, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

I head to the basement where I hear the music. I can feel the floor vibrating beneath me. As I head down the stairs, the music gets louder and clearer and I begin to see the steady flash of the bright, white strobe light. I hear people laughing with each other, having a good time. I reach the bottom of the stairs and see the party is in full swing. I try to count how many people are here. 1, 2,3,4,5,6, wait the strobe lights are messing me up. I give up and try to clear my mind. The strobe light is hypnotizing all of us. Everyone is moving to the beat, they look like a school of fish, all moving together with the flashing bright white steadily to the beat of the music. I head to the middle of the room and start to dance. The beat of the music carries me like a wave in the ocean. The kid next to me is going absolutely nuts. His feet are keeping up with the beat that is going faster than a marathon runner’s heart. I smell an intoxicating mix of cologne and perfume. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a girl standing in the corner. She doesn’t look like she is having much fun. Her back is against the wall and she is staring off into space. I try to dance my way over to her without knocking anyone over. We try to start talking, “HI, ARE YOU OKAY?” I yell over the music. “WHAT?!?!” she yells back. So I quit yelling and grab her hand and pull her into the middle of the room and start dancing again. She looks hesitant, like a dog that is unsure whether or not to take a treat from its owner. I smile at her and she shows a little bit of her slightly crooked smile. We start moving together like two pieces of seaweed in a current. We move closer and move in harmony. I smile at her and she smiles back. This is a techno rave.

This is just a piece I had to write for english class. When I got it back the only comment on it said "Publishable" so here it is.

Swooshhh BRONZE, Bayonne, New Jersey

"dont worry now things will get better. it may be stormy now but it cant rain forever."

This was well written but I wish it could have been a tad bit longer. Than it would be perfect :)