Techno Rave | Teen Ink

Techno Rave

March 18, 2009
By Dodgeman1998 BRONZE, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Dodgeman1998 BRONZE, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

I head to the basement where I hear the music. I can feel the floor vibrating beneath me. As I head down the stairs, the music gets louder and clearer and I begin to see the steady flash of the bright, white strobe light. I hear people laughing with each other, having a good time. I reach the bottom of the stairs and see the party is in full swing. I try to count how many people are here. 1, 2,3,4,5,6, wait the strobe lights are messing me up. I give up and try to clear my mind. The strobe light is hypnotizing all of us. Everyone is moving to the beat, they look like a school of fish, all moving together with the flashing bright white steadily to the beat of the music. I head to the middle of the room and start to dance. The beat of the music carries me like a wave in the ocean. The kid next to me is going absolutely nuts. His feet are keeping up with the beat that is going faster than a marathon runner’s heart. I smell an intoxicating mix of cologne and perfume. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a girl standing in the corner. She doesn’t look like she is having much fun. Her back is against the wall and she is staring off into space. I try to dance my way over to her without knocking anyone over. We try to start talking, “HI, ARE YOU OKAY?” I yell over the music. “WHAT?!?!” she yells back. So I quit yelling and grab her hand and pull her into the middle of the room and start dancing again. She looks hesitant, like a dog that is unsure whether or not to take a treat from its owner. I smile at her and she shows a little bit of her slightly crooked smile. We start moving together like two pieces of seaweed in a current. We move closer and move in harmony. I smile at her and she smiles back. This is a techno rave.

The author's comments:
This is just a piece I had to write for english class. When I got it back the only comment on it said "Publishable" so here it is.