Love Me | Teen Ink

Love Me

November 21, 2017
By emileyscriven BRONZE, Augusta, Kansas
emileyscriven BRONZE, Augusta, Kansas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My name is Ivy Cooper. I live in this small town called Baycliff with my annoying unhappy parents. I’m the only child, now anyway. My sister died in a car wreck when she was on the way home from the hospital. I was just 6 years old when it happened; I didn't quite understand the situation, but ever since that day, my parents haven't been the same. They just don't care about me anymore. All they do is drink and argue all the time. Mom’s always high on pills, and Dad's always drunk off his butt or passed out. But I don't really care anymore. They want nothing to do with me, and I want nothing to do with them. I’m doing fine at school; I have so many friends and all of them love me. I play by my own rules and don't care what other people think of me.


Summer is almost over, and school will be starting up in the next month. So I have to finish out the rest of the summer in the best way. Some friends and I are getting fake Ids today and we are gonna try to sneak into a bar and have some real fun. First, we all need to go shopping. I stole some money from my parents, cabinet and went and to pick up my friends. When we arrived at the mall, we wanted to go to almost every store, we bought the sexiest clothes we could find. We all put everything on and seen what we wanted to buy, and then checked out everything. After we got everything we met up with the guy who was going to give us our fake Ids. He took all of our pictures and made the Ids and then made us all pay him of course and sign something saying that we wouldn't give away his name if we were to get caught. So we signed it, paid him, walked out and then went back to my friend Madison’s house to prepare for our night out.


We all took a very long time to make sure we looked absolutely fabulous, and we had to make sure we looked a little older as well. After we were all ready, at about 10 o'clock, we snuck out of the house and drove to the bar. We all become a little nervous about whether or not we would be able to sneak in without them knowing we were underage. But soon enough all us girls were walking past security without them having any suspicions. We were having so much fun, and dancing like crazy, and people were buying us drinks by the minute. I've never had such a good time. All this alcohol was making me have to pee. Us girls all made an agreement that we wouldn't leave without taking someone with us so we weren't alone at all because it's kinda dangerous. But all my girls were having such a good time so I just decided to find my way to the bathroom by myself. After stumbling my way around I finally found the bathroom and ran in because I had to pee so badly. As I was going to the bathroom I heard the door open and someone walked in.


It didn't sound like a girl, which was weird because it was a girls’ restroom, but I just finished peeing and minded my own business. When I walked out of the stall, I saw a man sitting on the ground just looking really upset and REALLY drunk. He looked up at me, and we made awkward eye contact but it was weird, it was as if we had some sort of connection. The man stood up and asked me what my name was and just started having a conversation with me. He asked me how old I was, but I didn't tell him I was only 17 because he seemed much older, and I didn't want to ruin my chances with him so I told him I was in college and soon enough we were making out… and then doing a lot more. We stayed in the bathroom for quite some time, and he locked the door so no one would walk in on us. I couldn't believe this was happening. I've never been so happy, never felt so wanted. I never wanted this feeling to go away, I couldn't let this man go, I knew I had to keep this one close to me.


After we were done, he gave me his number, and we went our separate ways for the night. I met back up with my girls, and they all looked at me like they were worried and asked me where I had been all this time. I told them everything but didn't say anything about who the guy was or how old he was because I didn't want them judging me or anything. We partied the rest of the night and finally went home when the bar closed. We all had such a great time and arrived back at the house and passed out. The next morning we all looked like complete crap; it was awful. But none of us really cared, we went to church on Sunday morning looking like this and didn't give it a second thought.


Summer was now truly over, we had school Monday. I couldn't believe it, summer went by so fast, but I’m just glad I met this amazing guy. I think I could love him, he made me feel so amazing; he made me feel loved, so I’m sure he feels the same way I do. I can't wait to meet up with him again. Monday morning my girls and I walked into the school together looking like the hottest chicks in town. For some reason, everyone was staring at us. It was kind of awkward but I also liked the attention for once.


All us girls luckily had our first class of the day together, English. English wasn't one of my strongest subjects, but I liked it sometimes, and word on the street was that there was a new hot teacher this year. I was very excited to see who it was. We all sat down at a desk close to each other and could see the new teacher, but he was facing the chalkboard and was writing his name down and the plan for the day. I really wanted to see him, he looked sort of familiar, but I think everyone looks familiar so I just patiently waited. The bell finally rang and the man turned around, and we made instant eye contact. I gasped so loud I think the whole class might have heard me, this man was the same guy from the bar! I couldn't believe my eyes, and neither could he. He just stood there in awe and so did I. It was so awkward, and the whole class was confused, but he quickly moved on and started talking to the class. He introduced himself as Mr. Fitz and talked a little more about himself to the class.


By the end of the hour, I was still shocked and didn't know what to do, but I knew I needed to talk to him after class and ask him why he didn't tell me he was a teacher, but I’m kind of scared because I lied to him to and told him I was a lot older than I really am. I hope he won't be mad at me. I know we can make this work if we really want, and we can just keep it a secret. We won't tell anybody and everything will be okay. After class, I sat at my desk and acted like I was putting my stuff in my backpack and waited until everyone left the room. He was just staring at me and then I finally walked up to his desk, and we both just stood there in silence for a minute. He then walked over to his door and looked out into the hallway to see if anyone was around and then shut the door.
He asked me why I lied to him and asked me what my real age was. I told him I was 17, and he kind of figured out the rest. I didn't really know what to say to him other than how much I liked him. I told him I’ve never felt this way about anyone and that I wanted to be with him. I knew I had to get to my next class so I just left it at that and told him I would call him later and he told me not to worry about it… that kind of worried me, but I know he's just scared because of this. I'll call him later and we will work everything out.


I called him back that night and talked to him about everything and told him how much I loved him and how we could work this out. He just sat there quietly and didn't say a word the whole time. I then asked him if he felt the same way, but he again gave me no answer. I didn't know what to do, I just burst out crying. He then said something; he explained that we couldn't have this relationship because he's my teacher and we both know that's not allowed. I told him that it would stay between us and no one would ever have to know but he just kept saying no and then he hung up on me! I was so mad. I wasn't gonna let him go that easily. I needed him and he needed me, I just need to show him how much he really means to me.


The next day, I walked into my classroom a little earlier so I could try to talk to him again. He was talking to another girl! I mean she was probably his student, too, but it just seemed like so much more, I couldn't believe he would do that to me. I was so mad, but the bell was about to ring so I had to go sit down in my desk. I just tried to forget about it, but as soon as class was over I would go talk to him about it. I sat through the whole class just glaring at that girl, how dare she try and take my man. She better not do it again or she will be sorry.
I was so mad, I didn't even bother talking to him after class. I just went and talked to the girl, I knew I had to play it cool so she didn't suspect anything, but all I said was that she needed to be careful what she did because he was a teacher and if anyone caught her doing what she was doing then they both would be in a lot of trouble. She acted all innocent and confused and acted like I was crazy or something, but I just said that and gave her a look and walked away. I decided that after school I would just follow him to his house and just talk to him there.
Finally, at the end of the day, I just waited outside in my car, parked close to Ezra's car but not close enough to where he could see me. He came out about 20 minutes after school was over and hopped in his car and started to drive off. I waited a minute and slowly followed. He must live pretty far out in the country because we were driving for quite a while before we arrived at a road that looked like would lead to his house. I pulled up right behind him in his driveway and he stepped out and looked at me like I was insane. He walked over to me and asked me what the hell I was doing there and why I followed him. I was a little upset that he wasn't happy to see me, but I just explained that I needed to talk to him, and I knew talking to him at school wasn't very safe. I did this for his sake so he wouldn't be in any sort of trouble. I don't know why he's so mad at me. I love him and I just want to make things work between us.


I asked him if I could come inside, but he said no and said that I needed to leave. I was so mad I didn't know what to do. As we were standing there another car pulled right next to us. It was the girl from earlier! I was so shocked I didn't even know what to do or say, I asked him who it was, and he told me it was his girlfriend. I told him that he was gonna be sorry and that I was gonna tell the principal that he was trying to force me to do things with him or he was gonna fail me in his class. He freaked out and told me that it wouldn't work and that no one would believe me anyway. The girl walked up to me and told me to leave and get off of her property or else she was going to call the cops. I cussed them both out and told them they would regret everything they've done. They have no idea what I’m capable of.