My Life In The Past | Teen Ink

My Life In The Past

I woke up and started thinking about what will happen to me today. To be honest I don’t even want to live with the people who I’m living with except my brother Kobby and I don’t want to be with my mom. She’s just being rude and mean to me even though she’s my real mom. I got hit at least once a day by my mom. Sometime I just think of ending my life but I know I won’t do that. I just hated myself for being who I am.

It’s 7:10 am and it’s time to get ready for school. After I got ready, I woke up my little brother Kobby. He’s 13 years old and he’s in 7th grade and I’m in 9th grade. We went to the same school. Our school has a middle school and a high school. We headed to the school and suddenly Kobby asked me if I’m mad at my mom.
“No,” I said. And asked him “Why”.
“Because she always abused you and treated you different from how she would treated me,” he replied. I am mad at her but I don’t want to tell him that I’m mad at her because I don’t want him to be sad. Even though, I’m badly wounded from my mom hits.
I said to him, “we gotta get to school”. We stopped talking and walked to school as fast as we could. Once we got to school we separated. I told him I’ll see you after school. He said “Okay and ran to his locker.”
As he ran to his locker, I looked at him and smile. He’s the person I can’t forget and be apart. He always put a smile on my face.
Sometimes, other student asked me, where I got the wound from or how I got it but I never told them. Even my teachers asked me, but I just brought up excuses and told them lies. There’s a time when I don’t go to school because of my wound because I don’t want people to found out.
It’s the last class of the day, but I’m so nervous about going home and nervous about facing my mom. In class, I been thinking about that and I don’t even know what we were learning today.I looked at the time and it’s almost time to leave. I felt like the class was just 20 minutes.The bell rung and I went to my locker and waited for my brother outside. I waited for him for 10 minutes and he finally showed up.
“Where have you been,” I asked him.
“Just finishing my work,” he replied.
And I said, “let’s go home.”
After we got home, me and my brother went to our room and got changed. After I changed, my mom called me and said, “Ebenezer come washed dishes.”
As quickly I could, I said, “okay, let me help kobby first.”
Now! She said.
I quickly ran to the kitchen and starting washing the dishes. Sometimes, there’s no time for me to finished my homework. I have to stayed up late to try my best to finished my homework. But sometimes I still can’t finished my homework. While Kobby is doing his homework, I would be cleaning and getting yelled at. And the worst part is when I don’t do things right, she hitted me and threw things at me. And Kobby would be looking at me with a sad face.

Suddenly, Kobby asked me if I missed dad.I said, “of course,I really missed him.”My dad was in jail because of a fight between him and my mom.I blamed it on my mom because my dad doesn’t like it when she hitted me or yelled at me. So they got into a fight and our neighbor called the cops and since my dad hitted a women, he got punished and sent to jail. I told him I really missed dad. And he said I do too. I wanna cry when I think about my dad.
“Go to sleep and stopped talking,” my mom yelled.
“Goodnight. Kobby,” I said
And he replied, “goodnight, Ebenezer.”

I would always dreamed about my dad and woke up at night and cried alone.

One time, my mom was hitting me and our neighbor knocked on the door and Kobby opened the door and he saw me bleeding from my arm and crying. And quickly picked up his phone and called the phone. The police showed up and they handcuffed my mom and I said, “where are you taking my mom.”
One of the police officer replied, “to jail.”
One of the officer told me and Kobby to followed him and we were taken to the police station. Kobby was very scared and he holded my hand tight. I was out breath and I don’t know what will happen to us.
The police officer walked up to me and asked me if there’s anyone who he can contracted and I said no.
He told me me and my brother will be taken to a foster home.

Now, I have a happier life but I still can’t forget my mom and dad. I’m very lucky to have this people as my family. And hoping to have a happy life forever.