Lost and Insecure | Teen Ink

Lost and Insecure

"Lost & Insecure"

"Dear World,

Hi, my name is .. it doesn't matter; to you I'm just another girl. To you I may be nothing or I may have some meaning to your life. But to me I don't have a meaning or purpose. I don't even know who I am anymore. I don't feel like I am myself anymore. I feel like I have lost myself in a you and you are full of judgment,hate, and crime. I have lost who I am from caring too much of what everyone thinks about me, thinking that I am not enough for everyone else, and trying to hard to be known. I cared to much to be known by everyone else to the point where I don't even know myself anymore. I don't just not know myself, but I don't know where I belong. I am just confused and lost in you World. I am lost and insecure, so if you find me will you please send me a sign. Send me a sign of anything or everything. You can send me a sign of awareness. You may be thinking 'awareness?'. Yes, let me know that you are aware that I have purpose, that I have a reason to be here on this messed up planet. You may or may not even see this letter, but that is fine. This letter may not be meant for you to see; I got to say what was needed to be said.
In conclusion , if you do happen to receive this letter; I ask you to please write me back. No, you do not have to write back fast. Why is that? Because I am on a mission or a so called hunt, to find who I am meant to be. My main goal is for me to know myself and who I am meant to be before I pass on. So world I just want to thank you for being complicated. I do hope that we can chat later.

Sincerely,

Mystery Girl. "