Ginger the Cat | Teen Ink

Ginger the Cat

By messisupporter BRONZE, South Point, Ohio
messisupporter BRONZE, South Point, Ohio

"What is life with out a little risk," Sirius Black

Upon reading this title, you probably thought this was going to be a story about a genuinely, delightful cat, but you were wrong- Ginger is horrific. The day before we got her I was overjoyed. I helped my parents dot all the i's and cross all the t's to finish the adoption papers. In my head I pictured an adorable little kitten I could play with and cuddle, but I got one look at her and knew that was not the case. She had scars from head to toe and was missing part of an ear! She would claw and hiss at you if you got within ten yards of her! So, naturally I asked my parents if we could take her back to the shelter and get another cat, but they said she has had a hard life and that I should give her a chance. Over the past few weeks I have tried to be gentle and welcoming with her, but she hasn't changed in the slightest. By now all my family is in the same boat when it comes to getting rid of her. The only problem is nobody will take her off our hands. Clearly, I have suffered a terrible misfortune and will have to live with this merciless cat until I move out!

I wrote this peice about a cat my family used to have, but we finally got rid of her!