I said we were safe, not safer | Teen Ink

I said we were safe, not safer

By hannahbrewer BRONZE, Culpeper, Virginia
hannahbrewer BRONZE, Culpeper, Virginia

The space was eerie, with no light. Filled with great vast walls lined with shelves of memories I wish I didn't remember. In the great big room a single door was the only way for escape - no no, I mean the only way for an intruder to come in. Its locked with a key only I can use, the door promising to protect me. Music starts playing and it repeats like a broken record… this place is safe, this place is safe, this place is safe. I rock on my knees in a cradled position as if doing a dance. The music is so loud it drowns the room and I can't breathe. My lifeline is spoken “my name is Isabel Brooks, some one loves me, someone loves me, Isabel Brooks, someone loves me.”  No longer filled with water I feel empty. It’s lonely here; so cold with no other human warmth. No no, that's a good thing,you only need yourself, you only need yourself. They are monsters so why didn't I fight back? Instead, I run run run from there judgy eyes and pained laughs. Running from abuse and ridicule. I end up here; with no light. No escape. No human warmth. I am within myself now and there is no going back. But I hear them here too, those horrible voices. I didn't think they would follow me everywhere I go, never forgotten. I sprint to the door as if running from  death, and perhaps I was. Only one thought in my eerie head...I have to get away from them, I have to get away from them. The door smiles wickedly; no longer a key hole “ I said we were safe not safer”...

This Article is about the inner workings of a girls mind and how much bullying can affect ones sanity. I was inspired to write this piece to really show how painful bullying can be and how much effect it can have on ones mind. I hope this peice will provide enough emotion so people will think twice before being mean to others.