Patiently Waiting

As I sit in the back of the social worker’s car I can't help but to wonder why I want to go through with this. Every inch of my body is screaming at me to run but my fear shuts me down, locking me in. My palms drip of sweat and my dominant leg sakes erratically, hitting the side of the door with each hop. My knee feels the constant agitation but it doesn’t register in my mind. I’m too preoccupied with the thought of seeing my mom again after everything that had happened and how after all this time she still wanted to see me.
As I step out of the protection of the car and into the building where she awaits me, I suddenly realize I'm doing the right thing. I need answers and she is the only one who can give them to me. But when I finally see her, the sloppy grin spread out across her face disappears. I can feel her I'm unsteadiness rush towards me almost making me stumble backwards. I don’t understand, I'm her daughter how can she not be happy to see me! She should be begging for my forgiveness but instead she sits there refusing to look into my innocent eyes. I thought what happened before was an accident and she didn't mean it but I was wrong. She knew, the second she grabbed my ankle and helped her boyfriend beat me, what she was doing. She is probably wishing I was him right now, coming to see her. Before thinking it all through my emotions get the best of me causing me to storm out the door I entered and never look back. It’s time I find her beloved boyfriend.