Locked Doors | Teen Ink

Locked Doors

By ksura65 BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
ksura65 BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin

The school doors are locked everyday during school at Park View to protect students and staff from intruders. School’s now have to keep their students in the school so they can’t ditch school and so no one can come in the school without permission. “Better to be safe than sorry.” A teacher says. Teachers also keep classroom doors locked incase there is a situation that they have to close the doors so we have more time to move furniture in front of the doors and windows.Before, some schools locked their doors and classroom doors because their were some incidents were some children and teachers that weren’t so lucky to make it out. It’s horrible to see classmates or even teachers bo so mistreated and have that horrible tragedy happens to them. That’s when you know you need to have a plan and good safety skills. When that happens, it's so tough because there were ways to make the schools safer but they never did. The schools everywhere don't want that happening ever again, or at their schools at all. Which is why the doors are locked. Children are the new generation it's our job to keep the safe and out of harm's way.