Hollow | Teen Ink

Hollow

By Foram GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
Foram GOLD, Edison, New Jersey

"If life gives you dirt, grow flowers." - I read it on a post it in the movie "The Fault in Our Stars"

Her eyes radiated light. Like the sun, like the moon, and like all the stars in the galaxy. Yet, she, herself, was hollow. She was empty to the core and had nothing to offer, for she had given up everything she had, to satisfy others. Not once had she thought of herself. The light that gleamed out her eyes was, again, purely for others. It was all she had left. In a dying world, it was all she could do to make her surroundings beautiful. It was all she lived for. There was, however, the smallest part of her that wished that the others would help. She did not want to be hollow. There was a small part of her that wanted to feel like how she made the others feel.

Foram GOLD said...
on Jul. 20 2017 at 12:45 pm
Foram GOLD, Edison, New Jersey

Thank you so much!!

YashaA SILVER said...
on Jul. 19 2017 at 10:27 pm
YashaA SILVER, San Rafael, California

One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -M

This is short, but awesome!