Many Reasons Why | Teen Ink

Many Reasons Why

By taylor34 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey
taylor34 BRONZE, Parsippany, New Jersey

I’m just a puppy. Its May 2nd 2003 and I am not even an hour old. I'm with my brothers at the barn. When I was 8 weeks old my parents Kristiann and Ray  came to adopt me.  They took me home and named me Sammy. I soon found out I had a sister named Taylor. She was so cute and I loved her very much. As we grew old together we had many memories. To celebrating our birthday which we shared together, to going on walks, going to South Carolina and walking on the beach, to laying next to you while you do homework, and you giving me a belly rub. Then four years later mom got pregnant and had my brother Austin. He was a pain in the butt but I still loved him anyway. I loved my family so much and they gave me the best life I could ever ask for. I'm so sorry I had to go to a better place and leave you all alone, but I'm ok now and you will always be my best friends. I wish I would have been able to meet my brothers Cooper and Tanner but apparently god had other plans for me instead. So yes I left you and yes I hurt you but I will always be here looking down on you to protect you, guide you, help you through the tough times and most importantly be your number one fan to fill you with all my love. Thank you for my favorite bacon treats, my food, and my favorite bright green tennis ball. I loved to play fetch with you and chase the ball around. To see the smiles on your faces as you watched me gallop around the yard while my golden tail wagged and wagged was one of the best memories I could ever picture.I also loved the white fluffy snow in the winter. It was cold, but it sure was fun to play in and run around in.I hated car rides to the vet and around, but I loved spending time with my family. I would love to take a moment to thank nana and papa grandma and papa and the rest of my family who were also great too when you had parties. They  gave me so much attention. I want to especially say thank you to nana for taking care of me when you went away because she was the best grandma in the world since she spoiled me completely. To mommy I wanted to thank you for my daily bone pancakes and bacon it was very good,  and to daddy I loved the belly rubs and attention you gave me while we watched the Devils play hockey together. Austin thank you for being a great brother and putting up with me through the hard times. One of my favorite memories is in South Carolina on the beach chasing the tennis ball in the ocean and getting all wet and salty with my family and friends. Thank you great nana for the extra food you dropped on the floor for me and my occasional rubs. To Viola and Olivia thank you so much for all that you did for me. I loved you so much and I'm so sorry that we did not get one final goodbye, but I want you to know that I am here from above. I am enjoying  watching you grow into amazing beautiful girls who will be in my heart forever. Thank you Amy and Richie for all of the attention and love you gave me. I know that one final goodbye will never be enough because we need an eternity of goodbyes, but I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for me because it truly meant a lot. To Cory, thank you so much for entertaining me while you and my sister did homework together. I just wanted to tell you to protect and love my sister just like I loved her. At the age of thirteen my life took a huge turn and I began to suffer from Arthritis in my legs. It was very tough and painful,  but I continued to live because I didn't want my family to suffer because I was gone. Everyday was  full of many  adventures because I had to figure out how to get up walk and live for today. Everyday I found  some how, some way on how to do it. It was hard for me, but my family was always first, before me. The night before I passed, my body began to really shut down. I couldn't stand up.Everything hurt and god kept telling me that it's time to go and that your family will eventually be ok. So I held on for today until I was doing really bad. When my family came over to say goodbye to me and to tell me how much they loved me, It meant so much to me that everyone came to see me. A few hours later my family took me to the vet and Dr. Wolf had said to my family that it was time to let me go. So my family prepared themselves as they cried. Dr. Wolf carried me to the back and gave me pain free medicine.  I felt like I was flying.Then he took me back to the room so I  could have time to say goodbye to my family. They cried and cried as they said goodbye and then Dr. Wolf put me to sleep.  I will always  love you all!! Once a dog always a dog! ~ Love Sam

my brother (dog) passed away and it inspired me to write about him 

reach4mars GOLD, State College, Pennsylvania

I already know how it ends, I'm just here for the ride :)

sad piece but beautifully written. So sorry about your loss :(