bibbidi bobbidi boutique | Teen Ink

bibbidi bobbidi boutique

June 7, 2017
By Anonymous

“You’re going to get a makeover from a fairy godmother.” It was a hot summer day in Orlando and it was my mom's birthday so we were spending the day in The Magic Kingdom.


We had just walked into the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and my sister and I had just been told that we would be getting makeovers from Fairy Godmothers in Training. I ran over to my mom and gave her a big hug then to my dad and gave him a big hug.


“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I screamed as I jumped up and down with joy.


During my very first trip to Walt Disney World I had seen another little girl in a big poofy princess dress with a very fancy hairdo. She had looked so regal and all the cast members had complimented her and called her princess. Ever since I had seen this, I had wanted to get the same treatment.


After my dad and brother left to do something else, we signed in.


The fairy godmother was very pretty. She was wearing a purple dress with a blue vest.


She gave my sister and I a pamphlet with everything that we would be getting. It said that we would get our hair done, nails and makeup.


I was so excited!


We sat down to wait on a pink bench with lots of pillows.


She noticed it was my moms birthday so she took my mom’s birthday pin and made it a lot fancier. They rewrote her name as Queen Sarah and added jewels and lots and lots of pixie dust.


After a little more waiting, another fairy godmother came by and told us that our stations were ready. The fairy godmother led us to the back corner where there were two vanities.


The vanities were floor to ceiling mirrors with roll around drawers next to them. I sat at one and Lily, my sister, sat at the other.


Two new fairy godmothers came over and introduced themselves.


My fairy godmother had a very strong hispanic accent so I couldn’t understand a lot of what she was saying. She showed me the different options for my hair. I could get the “Disney Diva,” “Pop princess,” or “Fairytale princess.” I chose the “Disney Diva.”


My fairy godmother braided my hair then pulled it up into a bun. She then took out a ponytail hair extension and pulled it over my bun. I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair had been transformed. I could barely even see my own hair under all the glitter and extra mickey ribbon.


My fairy Godmother then moved onto my makeup. She pulled out a makeup palette that looked like a painters pallette. It had lots of different colored eyeshadows, lipgloss, and blush. She then told me to pick out an eyeshadow color.


I chose a bright teal color. Then she told me to pick out a lip gloss color. I chose a red sparkly colored lipgloss.
She put the eyeshadow on and then put the lip gloss on. It tasted like strawberry! Next she put on the blush. My cheeks looked liked little rosy flowers. After she was done with my makeup she moved onto my nails.
I picked from two different colors, blue and pink. I chose the blue. When she was all done with everything, I looked and the mirror and felt very amazing. She then gave me a pink drawstring bag with makeup, nail polish, and a sash that said Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.


We walked out of the castle and enjoyed the rest of our day. I got many compliments from the cast members and even got to sit by the captain during the jungle cruise.