Rainbow

The EKG flows up and down like horses on a carousel. I grip my mother's hand as she rests. Smiling with hope in my heart, I let go of her hand to put the bouquet I bought for her in her favorite vase. The bouquet was full of bright flowers; red, orange, and yellow. A representation of a rainbow. A hope to find gold at the end of it. As I put the flowers in water to survive, I heard a piercing beep that stung my ears. I turned as I saw what used to be a zigzagging line, turn intoa straight one. I began following the cords that came out of it, one by one. Each cord  I followed led to my mother, still, I looked for the one that was unplugged.

Following the last cord with hope draining from my heart, I saw it led to her. I was confused, and tried to put the pieces together. Then, the doctors rushed in, escorting me out by force. It clicked. Like the ammunition in a gun, ready to shoot my heart out. She was gone. Her life was the rainbow. It came to an end. Yet,I did not see it coming. The end of her rainbow

Beautiful said...
today at 4:01 pm
Your poem hit home.. Love u n keep it up...