Grandma | Teen Ink

Grandma

May 22, 2017
By Kvalladares18 BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
Kvalladares18 BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Grandma 

"Hey momma!" Says Maria as she enters the house through the front door when all of a sudden she gets hit with a smell so similar to her senses. The smell of the greatest Tacos in the entire world. The tacos of her grandma.She races to the kitchen while her nose is not missing one inch of the trail of tasty treasure in the air. She runs around the corner and accidentally bumps into her grandma. In this moment even while her grandma is scolding her she has the biggest smile on her face. She is experiencing true happiness. "Maria! You have to be more careful!" says Marias' grandma. Maria gives her grandma as many kisses as she gives her celebrity boyfriends poster, Harry styles. Then Maria takes a plunge into the tacos. The tacos are jumping with joy as Maria take multiple bites out of it. These are the moments she remembers as the best, when her grandma would come visit and cook her tacos. Happiness is not always money or material things. It can be people you love or simply the weather or sheets right out of the dryer. You may not think you experience happiness but you don't realize until you are deprived of it for a long time.