Mystery Person | Teen Ink

Mystery Person

By Adrianna_Lewis BRONZE, Pineville, Louisiana
Adrianna_Lewis BRONZE, Pineville, Louisiana

A Few Months Earlier...
My day has been getting better and better. I actually woke up today and got to work on time. When I got to work, there was a delicious little cookie waiting for me in my office. It must be from my colleague, Ms. Pam I thought. I had let her borrow my stapler when she lost hers.  I went to go thank her, but when I did she said she didn’t give it to me. I went through the whole office asking who gave it to me but none of them admitted to it, after that I just went about my day not worrying about it.

Current Day…
This whole cookie thing has been going on for a while now and nobody has confessed. I am starting to get a little worried because today instead of a cookie, I got a note and a rose. The note read “Meet me tonight at 8 in the pizza place downtown.  
                                                                                Your friend,
                                                                                              ????”
I am scared, but simultaneously I feel good because I am finally going to get to meet and thank this mysterious person for all the goodies. As the day goes on, I can’t stop wandering who this person could be. It could be a man or a woman and they could be friendly or mean. Now that I think about it, they said your friend. That could mean that they are my friend or used to be my friend. What if I made them mad when we were younger and they came for revenge. Oh no, what am I going to do?

It is 7:30 and I am about to leave. I wonder what is going to happen. Hopefully, when I get there everything will be alright. As I arrived, I could already feel the butterflies in my stomach. There was a voice in my head telling me not to do this but it was also telling me that everything would be okay. When I was walking in I didn’t see anyone suspicious or anybody that I knew until I turned the corner.

As I turned the corner, there was a tall, stout looking figure. He was standing in a dark corner. I walked over and tapped him on the shoulder, and as he turned around I saw that it was… Kara?
Oh my goodness, I can’t believe that it is Kara. Kara is my best friend. She moved away to India for a church mission. She has been gone for over a year. We didn’t know when she was going to come back. I am so happy that she is back and not a murderer.