Help Me | Teen Ink

Help Me

March 31, 2017
By Marcellus BRONZE, Alachua, Florida
Marcellus BRONZE, Alachua, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never give up.
Perserver through it all.


Hate, despise, and pain some feelings that has been directed towards me for a long period of time. I have never felt so lost in my life. Can you help me?!

Chapter 1: Help Me

A groan resounded around the empty room. My body felt heavy. I tried to find the will to open my eyes. When I was finally able to pry them open, my vision was blurred and out of focus. The brightness of the lights didn’t help the situation. It took a while to get my sight back.
I stared up at the ceiling as I continued to rest. It felt as if a few minutes went by, but I didn’t know how much time had passed as I laid in bed. Wanting to look around the room, I gathered as much strength as I could to sit up, but my body still felt like lead, so I decided to search the place with my eyes. The entire room was white and made of cement. The wall I was facing had a large metal door with a small, rectangular, and barred window. The corner of the wall had a security camera pointed directly at me. The bright, minute, red light gave me an indication that it was on. The room was bare with only the bed and me. With nothing else to do, I began to doze off into space slowly drifting to sleep.
My eyelids fluttered open as I began to awaken from my slumber again. I felt the need to stretch my stiff muscles with my body feeling lighter. Slowly but surely, I sat up from where I laid still dazed from my recent wake. When I began to stretch out my arms, waves of pain shot through me. I recoiled from the agony. My eyes were wide open in shock. My breaths quick and shallow. I was rattling from the sudden anguish. The feeling continued to scream out from my whole back.
The pain  help with the many flashbacks it brought forth: the slashes, the bottles, the kicks, the punches, the pounding, the breaking, and the blood. These memories were swimming around in my head towards the front of my mind. Image after image. Memory after memory. Vivid scenes continued to play before my eyes. The same haunting orbs appeared throughout each memory staring directly at me filled with only hate and despise. Soon, the torment that was flooding throughout my mind had gradually died down.
I began to calm down from my recent episode, but I was still greatly disturbed. My body was drenched in sweat and toned down to a quiver. My breathing became shaky and long. I hugged myself for some kind of comfort careful not to touch the throbbing and aching areas. I was alone. I knew I was alone.
I laid myself back onto the bed covering my eyes with my arm. Tears began to spill out of my eyes. I tried my best to hide my sobs, so I wouldn’t satisfy the person who was watching. I just couldn’t understand why I had to be here. I always did what I was supposed to do, listening and obeying my parents, had straight A’s, and did what was right. I would complain, argue, and rebel at times; I know for sure that I’m no saint. I’m only human.
The tears never seemed to have an end as they remain to trickle down my face at a steady pace. I  know when they would ever dry out. I grit my teeth as I continued to think and remember. My name is Toby Lambert and I’m sixteen years old. My parents thought of me as a useless nuisance and had no reason to keep me. They sold me to get back most the money they spent on me after all these years. I have no one and am completely alone. I am lost and do not know what to do. Who or what will help me now?