Beautiful | Teen Ink

Beautiful

By Batacan.t BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Batacan.t BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

Am I beautiful? I have a skinny waist and perfect hips. I have long gorgeous hair and beautiful blue eyes. I have a nice nose and full, pretty lips. I have big boobs and a big butt. I have nice, thin legs. Am I beautiful?

Do you think I was born this way? Do you assume I grew up to look this way naturally? I didn't. I ate almost nothing and forced myself to throw up afterwards. I shaved my gross, plain brown hair and got a long, beautiful blonde wig. My eye surgery almost made me blind, but it was worth it. My nose was swollen for weeks and my lips still hurt after the injections I got weeks ago. My boobs were bruised for a long time and my butt doesn't feel the same. Do you still think I am beautiful?

Because of these beauty standards that are faced upon all women, many have changed how they look to fit in with society. Many women have gotten surgery so they could look like the celebrities that are on social media. Bullying has caused many women to tale their own lives because they didn't think they were beautiful enough.

Every day, women everywhere are sterotyped, standardized, and put down for the rules of created by society. We ARE beautiful. We do not need to change how we look for the pleasure of men and other women.

I was inspired to write this because I have noticed that women everwhere are faced with these standards of beauty. I know that it is not just women, but men too. I feel like these standards are unfair and are forcing everyone to change themselves in some way. I wrote this because I think it's time to step up to these rules of society and begin to feel good about ourselves again.

Will said...
on Mar. 24 2017 at 12:08 am
Green Bean****

Will H. said...
on Mar. 24 2017 at 12:07 am
Green Been

on Mar. 23 2017 at 9:22 am
lola_tiff BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
TAYLOR THIS IS SO GOOD IM SO PROUD OF YOU YA BEAUTIFUL GIRL ❤❤