The Rollercoaster of Life

Today is the day. The greatest day of my life. In less than one hour, I will be walking down the aisle. The man that I am marrying today has a soul as pure as the diamond on the ring that he gave me. It sure is a pretty ring. I am twenty-three years old, but everybody here in Ohio gets married pretty early in their life. I cannot wait to marry the love of my life, but there is one problem with marrying him. My best friend hates him. Loathes him. I have no idea why. She supports me in everything that I do, but she told me that she will never forgive me if I marry him. When he proposed, I said yes without her feelings in mind. As the months went on during my engagement and wedding planning, my best friend and I grew apart. I figured that if she cannot give me a reason to stay away from him, then I will not stay away. Oh no! The church music is playing. Here we go!

Wow. I have not written in this thing in too long. As I read my last entry, I realized how much has changed. That day was supposed to be the best day of my life. Now it might have been the worst. I do not know why I am writing in this diary. I guess when I was younger I thought that it would make me feel better to let my feelings out. It still works even though I am forty-four years old. Last time I wrote I was young, happy, and full of life. Now, I spend my days packing my things preparing to live a life without a husband. I will never forgive him. He does not deserve me anymore. I am leaving tomorrow, and I am leaving my memories behind in this sad and empty house. Will another twenty years go by until I write again? I guess we have to wait and see.

Well, I answered the question I had twenty years ago. After that day, I had no free time to sit down and write in a journal. I am miserable. My life is not what I had hoped it would have been when I was first getting married. I had everything going for me. I was young, beautiful, full of life, and most of all, I was happy. Now I am sixty-eight years old, living in a complex full of people I do not know. I would live somewhere else, but where would I go? I have not spoken to my ex since the divorce. Sometimes I feel guilty for not keeping in touch with him. Every once and awhile I feel like I should call him and see how he has been ever since he ruined our lives. I think all those things, and then I always realize that hearing his voice is not worth my time. He is not worth anything to me anymore

I cannot believe it has only been a month since I wrote here last. I tend to go two decades or so between each entry. Anyways, the oddest thing happened to me today. I was eating my lunch in a cafe, minding my own business, and a woman came and sat next to me. It was my best friend. After my wedding day, I thought I would never see her again. She asked me how my husband was. I told her every single detail of my life from the moment we last saw each other. When she asked for the reason of my divorce, I told her the truth. He was cheating on me. Cheating on me with someone that I worked with. It went on for almost three years, and I had no clue. If I had not checked his emails that night, we would still be together today. My life would not have fallen apart. When I told her about my divorce, she did not look surprised. She told me the reason why we have not seen each other in almost fifty years. Before I got married, he cheated on me with my best friend, and nobody told me. That is the reason why she abandoned our friendship. She had to make a choice to let me live a life with my husband, or ruin both my relationship and our friendship by telling me. It would not have mattered now that my marriage is ruined anyway. I forgave her for what she did without thinking. She was shocked. A normal person would have walked away and never spoken to her again, yet I am not what many would call a normal person. I cannot lose another friend. She may be the only one I have left.

I feel like my old self again. My head finally feels clear. I have not felt this way since I was twenty-three years old. As of a few months ago, I felt like my life had no purpose. I felt like the only good times in my life were the ones I had when I was a teenager. I never thought I would be happy again. Finding a familiar face in one of the lowest points in my life brought me back to when I had it all. I thank my best friend every day for pulling me out of the darkness. I thank her for reminding me that all you need is one person to make your life have a purpose. In these last two months, I may no longer be young, but I am beautiful, full of life, and I am happy.