LIFE LESSON LEARNED | Teen Ink

LIFE LESSON LEARNED

By adrianramz2 BRONZE, Covina, California
adrianramz2 BRONZE, Covina, California

It was a Monday and it was the first day of my high school years and I was so excited. I was excited because I wanted to play sports and get so involved with school. I always pictured high school as a great place to be. The thing that made me the most excited were the new girls I got to see. Everything starts to change as weeks go by, school was boring and girls started to get old , I was just so bored of it .I started slacking off, didn’t show up to school, and never did homework, and My grades began to go down.  School was calling home  ,  meetings were set up. Even a meeting was set up at the police  station and they said “if I keep messing up  in school and keep not showing up they will send me to camp so I could finish school there.” It made me think about the choices I was making , it made me think of my future , so I start going to school more and I start to do my homework. The school year ends and It ended well with straight A’s and B’s and I am very proud of my self .
As 3 school years past by I became a senior and things began to change such as my friends, my attitude and the way I think about life, everything began to change again my grades started to go down . The friends I started to hang out with where the type who liked to party and do not normal things. My attitude was nasty I didn’t care about anything. I also thought I didn’t need school in my life because I knew so many people who didn’t finish high school and that were rich. They did things I always dreamed of doing, They went out on tour buses, met fans, did meet and greets, and made a lot of money. So I wanted to do the same as them but things didn’t work out as planned.
The school year ended and I didn’t graduate I had nothing I was losing everything. I  couldn’t get a job because I didn’t have a high school diploma. I was turning 18 soon and my parents were going to kick me out the house because I wasn’t working and I couldn’t go college. I felt very poor, it felt like I couldn’t do much things as people who went to school because I didn’t have any money and I couldn’t afford to get new clothes. One night I sat in my room thinking about what could I do to fix this and suddenly I realized what I should I do .  
So I went back to school and finished . I got a job by going into every store in the shopping center asking if they where hiring. So I found one and got hired. Things starting going well. My life got so much better . I started having money in my pocket .I was able to buy new clothes and anything else that I wanted. The most surprising thing happened I even applied to college.

what im going trhough right now made me write about this.