Chills | Teen Ink

Chills

January 17, 2017
By gabby9982 SILVER, Darien, Illinois
gabby9982 SILVER, Darien, Illinois
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"At the end of the game king and the pawn go into the same box."- Italian Proverb


Melissa, Hunter, Jordan, and Rebecca were the best of friends. Since, middle school through high school,they were Inseparable. College had finally started for all the girls. They noticed, slowly but surely, they wouldn't be able to meet up as they used to. Rebecca didn't go to college, feeling more abandoned than ever. She had decided that she would work to save up to go. Months went by in a flash without a word. One night during winter break, Jordan decided to visit Rebecca at her apartment. Jordan walked up the concrete stairs. Eyeing every number until she stopped at 12b, Jordan knocked once hoping for an answer. She called out, “Rebecca? You there? It's me Jordan.” She waited for an answer, her hair blowing in the cold wind. She began to shiver, her cold hands as ice. She began to fiddle with the dirty dark door. She looked carefully for the hidden key on the doorframe. She unlocked it. “I'm coming in Rebecca,” She said. She made her way to Rebecca's bedroom. It was deathly cold. The stench was unbearable. The clutter of junk food and cans filled her path. There on the floor laid a bundle of  blankets. She knelt down and leisurely snatched the blankets. There under the blankets lay Rebecca's limp and lifeless physique. Jordan held the body in her arms. A single tear dropped from her eye as she clutched Rebecca’s frigid hand. Her frame quivered as Jordan called the cops.