Rose Monterey | Teen Ink

Rose Monterey

By Sugarcoatedbears BRONZE, Wake Forest, North Carolina
Sugarcoatedbears BRONZE, Wake Forest, North Carolina

It was a crisp autumn day, the bright colors of the trees surrounded me as I clocked out for the day. I had just gotten off of work from being a tour guide. I walked on over to the parking lot to go get in my car. I turned on the radio and drove my way home. It was late afternoon, and the sunlight splashed a gold aura all over everything. “I wonder what I’m doing this weekend”, I thought. A couple of minutes later I pulled up to my small apartment complex located in the middle of Paris. I parked and stepped out of my Alfa Romeo G1. I walked over to check my mailbox, and I noticed that I received a strange envelope. It was a tan envelope and even more weirdly, it came from an address that I didn’t know of. I opened it up and discovered it was a party invitation. I read it and found out that the party was later on in the evening. I decided to go just because I had nothing else to do, and I thought “well if this random person invited me then I must go”. I then walked into the apartment complex and up the elevator to my apartment. When I arrived at my place I placed the invitation on the kitchen counter and I sat down and listened to the radio for an hour. Then I decided to get ready for the party.

“ I gotta look good because there is probably going to be hot girls there”, I thought to myself while getting dressed. I slipped on my suit and placed my fedora hat on my head. I put on some cologne, and headed out the door. I opened the door to my car, stepped inside and started driving. “Okay how do I get there”, I asked myself. I pulled out my map from the glovebox and started to map out where to go. I arrived fifteen minutes later. I pulled up to a large apartment complex that overlooked a small pond. The building was all stone, and there was flowers almost everywhere. It was a nice complex. I parked my car in the apartment visitors parking area, then headed in the building. I walked in, eyed the elevator, and headed up the elevator to the 6th floor. Once I got up there I walked down a narrow hallway trying to find the room number 507. I walked midway down the hallway and then came across room 507. I knocked two times on the door. Then a couple moments later a tall woman with short black hair answered and greeted “Hello how are you”. “I’m good thanks for inviting me”, I thanked. “Oh it’s no problem honey make yourself comfortable”, she smiled. “Wow considering this lady probably invites random people to party, this is not a big party”, I thought to myself. “You know I like inviting random people that live in Paris to come party with me”, she laughed. “I was was kinda suspecting that you do that, I bet you meet a lot of interesting people”, I reply. “I sure do, now let me introduce myself, my name is Betty Alan”, she told. “My name is John Albert nice to meet you”, I smiled. “Let me know if you need anything, the alcohol is in the kitchen”, she informed. “Okay thank you again”, I thanked as I walked over to the kitchen to pour myself something to drink. When I entered the kitchen it looked almost like a bar, my mouth dropped when I looked around at all the alcohol. “Wow she has a lot of alcohol”, I thought as I poured myself a glass of champagne.

I started to walk around to check out the place, it was a nice apartment, the best feature was probably the big windows with the sheer white curtains. I stepped into the living room and noticed it had a large balcony outside. It was almost night time and the sunset poured in colors of pink, peach, purple, and golden orange. The balcony overlooked the pond, and way off in the distance I noticed the eiffel tower. “Woah that’s pretty”, I thought as I looked at the view. Then I looked at the people standing on the balcony. I smiled as I noticed a beautiful girl on the balcony smoking a blunt. “Wow who's that girl, she’s so beautiful, that sparkly pink dress looks amazing on her, she is sparkling or something I have to go talk to her”, I thought while smiling to myself. I felt my face heat up and I quickly walked onto the balcony, dieing to talk to her. The closer I got to her, the more I started to heat up. I opened the balcony door quickly, and pranced myself right on over to her. “Oh my god she’s so cute and just look at that smile it’s so rare, I’m getting blinded by that smile”, I thought when I started to approach her.

Once I approached her I formally greeted “Hi my name is John Albert, you just looked so beautiful so I just had to come talk to you”. “Oh thanks my name is Rose Monterey you’re pretty handsome yourself”, she smiled back. “So what brings you to this party”, she asked while playing with her hair. “Well I got this invitation in the mail, and I didn’t have anything else to do so I just came here”, I laughed. She laughed and admitted, “that’s how I ended up here too, I come here every week to party”. “Wow really”, I awed. “Yes”, she replied. “So what do you like to do”, I asked in fascination. “Well I’m just a model who gets paid too much and in my freetime I like to party and wait tables at the Cygne Pétillant Diner”, she tucked her hair behind her ear. “Well I’m not surprised you're a model, you look like one”, I grinned. “A lot of people know me around here, I’m surprised you’ve never seen me in the newspapers, magazines, or anything”, she showed off. “Well I don’t really pay attention to either of those but I will have to start reading the newspapers and magazines now”, I complimented. “That’s good to hear”, she replied. “I know it’s a little early to ask for this but can I have your telephone number”, I asked in a nice manor. “Yes but be sure to call me”, she requested. “Why would I not call you you’re the most perfect girl ever”, I persuaded. “Okay it’s 919-786-3498”, She told. “Okay baby I’ll be sure to call you”, I winked. “Oh so now you’re calling me baby”, she smiled while raising her eyebrow. “Yes because you will be my future wife, I already feel it”, I theorized. “I wouldn’t be surprised”, she added. “Now can you tell me what you do since I already told you what I do”, she requested. “I’m not much of anything I’m just a tour guide”, I told the truth. “I like that, it’s an easy and simple job”, she smiled. “What do you do in your free time”, she asked. “I like to listen to the radio, I party sometimes, and I like to walk around the city”, I went on and continued drinking my champagne.“Don’t you love the scenery here”, I asked. “Oh yes I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else, it’s just too good here”, she smiled. “I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else either”, I agreed. “You know I’ve never met anyone like you, it seems like everyone I meet is always famous or extravagant or something”, she told. “Is that a bad thing”, I asked. “No what I’m saying is that I’m fascinated by you”, she complimented. “Well I’m fascinated by you too”, I complimented back. “Are you doing anything tomorrow, I would love to take you out to lunch”, she asked. “I’m not doing anything tomorrow, in fact I’m free all weekend”, I stated. “Good okay I’ll pick you up at one tomorrow and we can go out to lunch”, she planned. “Here I’ll write my address down for you let me find paper”, I looked. I stepped back inside to go find Betty.

I located Betty and asked “do you have any paper, I have to write down my address for Rose”. “Oaoo I had the feeling that you would hook up with Rose”, she opened a drawer in the living room. She pulled out a pink note card and handed it to me. “Thank you Betty”, I thanked. “No problem”, she said. I sat down at the coffee table in the living room, pulled out a pen from my pocket, and wrote down my address. “Wow this is the best day of my life”, I thought to myself. I then slipped the pen back into my pocket and headed out onto the balcony. “Here you go”, I handed her the note card. “Thank you, I will be looking forward to seeing you tomorrow John”, she smiled as she looked me deep in the eyes. “Me too”, I smiled. “I’m going to take you to the finest diner in the whole city”, she smiled. “Really”, I awed. “Yes”, she kept smiling harder. “Well don’t bring your wallet because I’m paying for it baby”, I raised my eyebrow. “Okay but next time I’m paying”, she stated. “Oh so there will be a next time”, I laughed. “Yes of course there will always be a next time”, she whispered as she started leaning in. I parted my lips as she kept leaning in, I then bit her lip hard then softly kissed her. “Your hot”, she whispered in in my ear. “So are you”, I smiled as I stared straight into her starry brown eyes. I kissed her again slowly, then moments later we departed our lips and just stared into each other’s eyes for a couple of moments. “I’m not trying to be cheesy but when I first saw you I thought I got blinded by an angel but it was just you”, I whispered while I looked into her eyes. “Really”, she smiled. “Yes baby”, I smiled back. “I just wish we had all night to talk, but I’m getting tired”, she sighed.

“You need your beauty sleep baby you should go to bed soon”, I gave advice. “I know”, she admitted. “I’ll drive you home”, I offered. “Thanks but you don’t have to”, she thanked. “No I insist now let’s go before you fall asleep on me”, I laughed as we started heading to the guest parking lot. “I wouldn’t mind falling asleep on you”, she smiled while poking my nose. “I wouldn’t mind either but we are not in a bed so therefore I don’t want you falling asleep on me”, I poked back. When we reached the car I opened the passenger door and let her inside, then closed the door once she was in. I then got in on my side. “Who cares let’s just sleep in this car”, she smiled. “Baby you gotta get in your bed, that’s the whole point of a bed”, I smiled in admiration while I started the car. “I like your car by the way”, she complimented. “Of course you do”, I smiled while looking over at her. I then backed out of the parking lot and headed back to her house. “Okay take
Cygne street, and then turn left baby”, she gave me directions. “Okay”, I said as I headed down Cygne street. “What do I do now”, I asked while I turned left. “Then keep driving until you reach Voie de parc street then turn right then my apartment will be right there”, she informed me. “You don’t live far from the Betty’s apartment, do you”, I commented. “I don’t live far at all, and I don’t live far from you either”, she smiled. “I like knowing that I live close to you”, I admitted. “Me too”, she agreed as we pulled into her apartment complex. Her apartment complex looked similar to Betty’s, it had the same stone detail, lots of flowers, not overlooking a pond, but it had a better view of the eiffel tower. “My room number is 287”, just so you know, she gave details. “Sounds good”, I said while taking a mental note of that. We walked inside and went up the elevator. “I’m on the very top floor”, she gave more details. “How do you like living on the top floor”, I asked. “It’s nice because I have a really stunning view”, she smiled. “I bet”, I smiled back. “Do you want to stay the night”, she asked while raising her eyebrow. “Sure baby it’s a lot better than being lonely in my bed”, I admitted.

“You will never be lonely anymore”, she smiled while she started holding my hand. We reached the top floor then stepped out and walked down the hallway, I noticed there wasn’t a lot of rooms on the top floor. “How come there isn’t as many rooms”, I asked. “Because the rooms are bigger”, she stated. We found her room number then she unlocked the door and we stepped inside. “Wow this looks amazing you got a nice place Rose”, I complimented as I took off my shoes. “Thanks”, she thanked while taking off her shoes and placing her bag on the entryway bench. “Okay I’m tired let’s crash already”, she smiled as she started taking off her pink dress. “Oh my god you sleep naked”, I smiled really hard. “I’m surprised you’re surprised”, she smiled and looked down at her naked body. I smacked her butt and led her into the bedroom. We entered the bedroom and I smiled, “Wow”, you have a white silk comforter and a fur blanket. “Yes”, she smiled while looking back at me. “You must sleep like a queen”, I said while checking out the room. “I sure do”, she smiled at me. “And you have big windows too and lots of flowers, it’s so beautiful”, I said as I took off my clothing. “Oh and you sleep naked too”, she smiled in excitement. “Don’t get too excited I sleep in my boxers”, I rolled my eyes. “That’s still exciting”, she bit her lip. “Baby we literally have only known each other for a couple hours and we are already spending the night with each other”, I smiled. “So what all we are doing is sleeping next to each other”, she smiled as she got into bed. “Okay”, I rolled my eyes as I got into bed with her. “Goodnight John”, she smiled as she curled up next to me. “Goodnight Rose”, I closed my eyes and started leaning in for a kiss.

She leaned in, parted her lips and we kissed each other goodnight. “Her body is so warm”, I thought as I started drifting off into sleep. The next morning we got awoken by the sunlight seeping in through the windows enlightening the room with a yellow aura. I woke up to the bright sunlight but she was still asleep. “Let’s make her breakfast in bed”, I thought as I got out of bed. I headed into her kitchen and took out a pan to make pancakes in. I pulled out the pancake mix from her refrigerator and started to make the batter. Once the batter was well mixed I slipped the batter into the pan. I then walked back over to the kitchen to get out the whipped cream and strawberries and blueberries. “It’s weird how I’m assuming that she has all the ingredients, but she actually does”, I thought when I opened the fridge. I took out the blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream and placed it on the counter. Then I went over to the pancake and flipped it.
I sat there looking at the pancake cook for a couple minutes till it looked done, then I took it and put it on a plate, and put on all the toppings. I smiled as I thought “she’s going to love this”. I carried the plate to the bedroom and put the plate on her nightstand, then went back under the covers to cuddle her. She woke up twenty minutes later. She yawned and stretched her arms and sleepily groaned “Good morning baby”. “Good morning I made you breakfast”, I smiled as I kissed her forehead. “Awww baby thank you, you didn’t have to do that”, she thanked. “I wanted to”, I smiled. “Did you eat”, she asked. “No because I’m not hungry”, I said while looking at her pancakes. “Well if you get hungry there is food there”, she understood. “You want to turn on the radio”, she asked. “Yes sure”, I yawned. She reached for the pink radio beside the bed, and turned it on. “Today we have seen some unexpected visitors in the Paris area, there is some unexpected fighter jets from Germany flying around in the skies above. There is bombs attached to the jets, I suggest everyone to stay inside. We don’t know if they will attack but they might”, the reporter on the radio alerted.

“Oh my god John what if they bomb us”, she yelled while putting her breakfast down. “I’ll protect you if they do”, I pointed out. Boom boom boom “Oh my god do you hear that”, she screamed while clenching the bed sheets. “Yes but we have to stay calm”, I patted her shoulder. “The Germans have started bombing, take cover quickly, they have bombed Nuit étoilée avenue, next will be Cygne Street”, the radio guy predicted. “John oh my god that’s our street”, she kept weeping. “We might die baby”, I screamed in fear. “Is there a basement we can take cover in”, I asked in a little bit of panic. “No we’re doomed”, she hugged me tightly. “At least if we do die, we die together”, I smiled and kept crying. “Look at this disaster”, she screamed while looking out of the window. The whole city looked to be in flames, each and every building had smoke soaring out of it, and on the streets below dozens of people dropped dead from the radiation. “It’s the end”, I thought after looking out of the window with her. “If we die just know that I love you and tell my parents I love them too”, she lowered her voice and started sobbing. “I know it’s only been one day that we’ve known each other but I love you too”, I started crying with her. “Oh baby why does this have to happen, we just met last night”, she cried into my shoulder. “It’s okay because we will be happy in heaven together”, I smiled and leaned in for a kiss. We kissed each other for the last time while the big booms kept getting louder in the background. “The German planes are now starting to bomb  Cygne Street”, the radio announcer yelled. Booooooooommmmmm Booooommmm Boooommmmmm booom boooomm. The room started to light up with orange and ash. “I love you”, we both said at the same time while holding each other.

My name is Courtney. I live in Wake Forest, North Carolina. I'm fifteen years old, and I'm an aspiring writer. This piece is about a woman and man who fall in love in Paris, and then they die in an unsuspected bomb attack